Chapter Seventeen ; Backlash (2023)

Chapter Seventeen
Backlash (2023)

instagram

Liked by lira_galore, chloebailey, latto777 and 6,268,209 otherssafiya i'm here for a second baby leave yo best impression #WWEBacklashView all 21,580 comments

safiya i'm here for a second baby leave yo best impression #WWEBacklash
View all 21,580 comments

José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum

The 2023 Backlash was the 18th Backlash professional wrestling pay-per-view and livestreaming event produced by WWE. It was held for wrestlers from the promotion's Raw and SmackDown brand divisions.

The event takes place on Saturday, May 6, 2023, at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

This was the first WWE event held in Puerto Rico since New Year's Revolution in January 2005, and the second Backlash event held outside the continental United States since the 2004 event.

After the previous two years were titled "WrestleMania Backlash", the 2023 event reverted to its original name while still maintaining its post-WrestleMania concept, with the 2023 event based around the backlash from WrestleMania 39.

Seven matches were contested at the event, including the aforementioned Bad Bunny match.

The show opened with Bianca Belair defending the Raw Women's Championship against Iyo Sky. In the climax, Sky's Damage CTRL teammates, Bayley and Dakota Kai, tried to help Sky but Belair fought them off and avoided Sky's diving moonsault. Belair then performed the Kiss of Death on Sky and pinned her to retain the championship.

With this win, Belair subsequently became the longest-reigning Raw Women's Champion, as well as the longest-reigning women's champion of the modern era.

In the second match, Omos (accompanied by MVP) faced Seth "Freakin" Rollins. Before the match began, Omos attacked Rollins and continued to dominate him after the match officially started. Rollins managed to gain control and performed The Stomp from the middle rope on Omos and pinned him to win the match.