Watch Out!

Lucas saw it all happen like a slow theatrical play on a verge of a train wreck, only; it was not a train wreck waiting for the falling woman but a very aggressive twelve-foot fish.

"Damn it!" Veins protruded around his neck as he slammed his right fist onto the shaking crates he was on. The base of the piles of wooden crates trembled upon the influx of seawater into the room they were in.

As the surge continued to pour in, it would only be a matter of time before the entire room would be filled with seawater. Other than the lurking apex predator, Lucas had to worry a thing or two more. First, the lady diver hit rock bottom when the shelves got swept by the turbulence, and second, the fact that the room he was in would be a fish tank later on with no air to breathe.

It would only be a matter of time.

A pair of raven eyes frantically swept back and forth around the spot where the shelves used to stand while his gaze also looked for any possible sign of blood and minced human flesh. Lucas could vividly remember the set of razor teeth of the shark that chewed Kristina's tanks.

Lucas clenched his fists as he hovered over the rising water level below him, not minding the splashes of seawater that hit his face from time to time. His hair was now disheveled and dripping wet. "Kristina! Damn, woman, answer me!"

Without the lady diver, Lucas knew that the possibility of surviving this disaster he was in would be close to zero percent. Hence, he could not afford it if a damn fish would eat her.

A series of profanity escaped from Lucas's lips as he stood atop the piles of crates that were on the verge of being carried away by the turbulent flow of seawater in the room. His eyes darted to the swirling and crashing waters below him, slowly ascending.

A knot lodged between his brows before he drew a deep breath, and his right foot inched to the edge of the crate. Lucas planned to jump down and save Kristina when his attention got caught by the flailing muscled hands of one of his men.

"Bernardo?" Lucas knelt on the east side of the crate he was standing on. His left hand provided support as his right hand reached out to the waters only to be drawn back when a large shadow with an equally large fin resurfaced right below his outstretched arm. He withdrew his right arm on instinct.

"Damn!"

Tumbling back, Lucas staggered at the sight of the apex predator. Though it was only wishful thinking, Lucas had hoped that the shark would swim to the newly opened door.

"Boss!" A coughing raspy voice snapped Lucas from his reverie.

The familiar mustache of Bernardo and his ashen face welcomed him when his gaze shifted to the muscled man who was climbing the piles of crates a meter away from him. On instinct, Lucas moved to where Bernardo was situated and immediately reached his right hand while his left hand gripped Bernardo's suit by the latter's back, lifting Bernardo.

Veins protruded around Lucas's forehead as he pulled the grunting Bernardo. A groan elicited from his lips the moment he was able to lift most of Bernardo's upper body.

"Whew! Thanks, Boss." Bernardo laid face plant on the crate, his ankles barely an inch away from the rising turbulent waters. The poor Spanish heaved. Blood dripped from an injury on the right side of his forehead which Lucas nudged to.

"You're a mess," said Lucas. His raven eyes fixated on the trickle of blood as it dropped to the crate.