Chapter 2 - Scream

S.R :  Angels like you by Miley Cyrus
          Bad liar by Imagine dragons

Feet slap against concrète as a bunch of teenagers run on paved roads, through archways and amongst crowded sidewalks.

"Wait up guys", a tiny female puberty break voice speaks up in panting breaths.

"No can't do, it's a battle for the fittest" another being that of a male says over the top of their heads.

They all zoom in leaving the girl behind to fend for herself.

Introspecting within, she wonders why she signed up for this ego boosting waste of time her big brother suggested they play as a game to while away the hour.

Three other kids who stayed next door to her home were involved in this misery of a race as well but they seemed to be enjoying their slight chance of a survival game.

No matter how many times she had been persuaded to do so she always refused,  so what changed her mind today?

Oh I know... a fully jacked up 50 dollar coupon to McDonalds, that makes enough sense but not enough to get her panting like a fish above water.

Thinking back to what her brother said before she, the other kids including her brother took off—she finds it a bit weird that the bestower is part of the race but brushes it off anyways.

Focusing back on track, she sees no way to win this unless she acts and thinks fast about her next route. The young girl decides on taking the one leading towards 'Bake and sip', her favourite bakery. She frequents it to absolve some calm into her soul.
Upon reaching the almost hidden passage, she takes a quick pause to scan the area for Mr Burkley.

The only old man who loves and scolds on her like she ever truly deserves.

Seeing no signs of him, she jumps onto the trash bin and makes another jump over the five foot fence with ease to be described as enough practice. But this time around due to over bubbling energy and zeal to win she unluckily lands with a perfect kiss to the tarred crosswalk.
Spectators around wondered where she flew from.

Groaning deep within her oesophagus, she makes painfully strained movements due to how hard she landed on her face.
The young girl all but gave up till she heard more feet running towards her direction. She looks up only to see her competitors way behind the game.

Bet your luck the grin that spread across her face making her resemble that of a cheshire cat.

She rises up and sprints towards the finishing line like her whole life depended on it.
The white painted gate of her family's three bedroom apartment was the final destination that declared the winner. And the mere idea of sealing her entire being to a wonderful 50 dollar coupon drove her to the fullest capacity.

The joy that graced her hurtling heart galloped a bit more at the thought of getting a free msg filled lunch her mom so desperately wants the offsprings of the James family to look away from like it was poison itself.

Upon reaching the finishing line she sees her brother casually leaning on the fence with a smile of victory coated on his face which does nothing but turn her insides cold out of malice.

Sitting down on the gardened walkway, he hands her the 50 dollar coupon.
"You look as graceful as ever Dora" he snickers.
"Now take this and zip it" he motions it towards her.

"This was almost your win on the first try. See how you made it yours? Remember never to give them a chance to beat you at your own game. It goes without saying, there's always a way out and a way to win"

She snatches and stuffs it into her back pocket for extra safety and turns to look at him shooting daggers through her tear filled eyes.

"I told you countless times I didn't want to do it", she says with loads of tissues stuffed into her nose to block the oozing of blood.
"This isn't my game bro, this most certainly isn't."

Even though it wasn't her game, she did learn something that day.
After all, she won the prize for trying.

Present

Being lead by a man with piercing brown eyes, a bunch of men stalked towards Weina with their heads held high in confidence and power.

She looks back at Ren in confusion as to what was going on. They had a plan which was to go get groceries yet were facing something totally different.

Scoffing, she shakes her head from side to side in honest disappointment, " I don't know what's going on here but we'd appreciate it if you made your reason for stalking towards us like preys clear so we could get on with our lives"

She seemed so bold and fearless on the exterior but the rate at which her heart was racing could cause a possible heart attack.

Regardless of her mini speech at peace, none made a move to do or say anything.

She's heard of how people from these lanes behaved but what she didn't know was how her friend was related to one so well because as far as she knew, Ren wouldn't have ever seen this side of the world if it weren't for school.

One could tell from a mile away that this situation right here was danger and hér friend's whole exterior gave it away as well.
Her obduracy knew she had to suit up a flight game ASAP or else they both die or worse, get assaulted yet hopefully not sexually.

Releasing the piercing shriek creeping up her throat— she screams with every tiny fibre in her which isn't exactly a pleasant song to the human eardrums.

Her scream startled them causing an escape that can be missed if action wasn't taken quickly.
The two girls waste no time to bolt through the groaning men.

But unfortunately, Lawrency wasn't quick enough and was snatched up of the ground like she weighed nothing but who looks like the leader of the group.
She kicks to try and free herself to No avail, " Let me go damn it"

Another grabs Weina then she halts upon seeing her friends situation. She then thinks to herself how that was their only chance of escape.

A.N :
17.05.23

I won't take up much of your time (insert puppy dog face) please fill that sad empty star down below by tapping on it. You'll see so many others at night if you do😇.