*ೃ༄ 38 ༄ೃ*

I walk slowly through the dark corridor before noticing a beam of light near the end. When I reached to the top. I peered over to see a white room with other erudite leaders. I could see images on the screen showing the civilians at abnegation down on the ground, getting shot. I looked across the room and stopped when I saw Four, hooked up to a chair, the opposite side of the room.

I looked back to make sure the others couldn't see me and walked over to where Four was at.

"Hey, hi." I whispered to him as he stared blankly at me.

I tried to cut the material that was wrapped around his wrists with a knife but he grabbed onto my gun making it drop alongside my knife as he stood up and shoved me to the back of the wall. I breathed heavily from the impact.

"Four! It's me. You're in a sim!" I pant, trying to tell him.

"He can't hear you, isn't that amazing! Everything that we think of who makes up a person. Thoughts, emotions, history- all wiped away by chemistry." My mum appears to the side as she walks up beside Four.

"He's still there." I shake my head.

"He's gone. We're safer for it." She looks to me

"How? How are we safer?"

"The brilliance of the faction system is that conformity to the faction removes the threat of anyone exercising their independent will. Divergents threat that system."

"Then how can you love a daughter who is one of them?" I shake my head. It doesn't make sense.

"There's a beauty in your resistance, your defiance of categorization, I always told you that, right? But now, we can't afford that." My mum last says before walking away as a man walks forwards to a screen.

He wants to control him.

"Four, Four, it's me. They are trying to control you but you need to fight back!" I say as I touched the side of his face.

Suddenly he grabs my neck as he pushes me back into the same wall. Still holding onto my neck, he pushes me continuously back hitting me.

I try to get him to let go by hitting back at his arm. It wasn't working. He's too strong.

I stare into his dark, conflicted eyes for an instant before he punches me in the jaw. My head jerks to the side and I cringe away from him, flinging my hands up to protect my face.

He grabs me by my hair and yanks me to the side. I reach back and grab his wrist, but he's too strong and my forehead smacks into the wall.

He is in there somewhere.

I stood up on his leg as I swung my leg behind and in front of my leg to flip him onto the ground. That gave me time to get up, free from his grip. However, He grabs the collar of my jacket and throws me into the medicine table. I roll back up as I move backwards. He only moved forwards, throwing punches as I dodged them. 

There were only a few times before he punched me causing me to fall back, I kept trying to get up but he only threw me down repeatedly. 

I threw myself at him causing both of us to fall back. He stood up as I scrambled back away from him. 

Four pulls his foot back like he's about to kick me.

I noticed at the bottom of the chair there was a gun. I grabbed it and pointed it towards him.

"Four! Stop!"

The other members of Erudite raised their guns in response but didn't move.

"Four...Please..." I whispered to him as he hovered over me, evil and emptiness in his eyes.