CHAPTER 73

XAVIER ROCKWELL

Dad's house looked visibly and aesthetically expensive on the outside. I'm sure he got the best architect in the industry just to build this breathtaking mansion. The house was made out of stones and glass and there's even two pools and a Jacuzzi. They even got some tropical plants and I just don't how to react. I could still remember the house that dad got for me and my mom, it was still a big house but it wasn't as expensive as this. He really got his shot for his true family and just bought a bootleg version for his mistress and bastard.

When we finally got inside the house I was even more stupefied to see that the inside was even more designed with expensive looking stuff made out of marbles and crystals and all of the shiny stuff. There are two side by side statues of cherubim welcoming us by the door. And as I stepped inside following my dad, I was quick to notice the floor was made out of good marbles and they were glistening. I was instantly ashamed to walk with my dirty and wet shoes. I felt really poor and unwanted and I just had to shrug it off.

"You don't have to worry about the mess, my son. The maids would clean them up later." My dad muttered reassuring me that I shouldn't get so worried about everything.

"Oh, okay."

"Follow me."

I followed my dad and as I was walking, my eyes roamed around the place. They have a huge crystalized chandelier hanging on the ceiling. I would say that Michiko's house was bigger and more expensive than this place, however, they're both riddled with expensive stuff that I can't even begin to grasp how fucking real this situation was. I was walking into a room filled with, probably judgmental people. I could see the ornaments on each corners and I already know he didn't buy them here. He must've gone to other countries just to collect all of this stuff. Rich people would really buy silly stuff that they don't even need. There's a life size statuesque figure of a Trojan horse in one corner. There's also a replicated painting of The Mona Lisa hanging on the wall right before we turn towards the kitchen. I was dead ass wrong. It wasn't even a kitchen to begin with, it was a dining hall. As soon as my eyes hit the capacious room, there I was immediately frozen on my toes.

The elongated dining table was all filled with strangers and the buzz in the room just added to my already existing anxiety. I am utterly dumbfounded to find out that this wasn't just a simple family thanksgiving but instead, this is almost a banquet. Clearly, this is a shindig for my dad's family and everyone else that's connected to that. The feeling that I don't belong in this place just became stronger that I even I don't want to continue in this shit. My eyes unconsciously observed the entire hall and I found a few ginger heads like me. I immediately assumed they are somehow related to me. Everyone noticed my dad's arrival and they were all smiling wide enough completely letting me know how important he was in this dinner.

"Xavier, come on. Let me lead you to your chair." My dad waved over at me, little did he know, I was already thinking of turning around and running away. I was scammed, at least that's how I felt in this moment. I've been stressing over how my dad's family would react to me but it turned out this is much bigger and much more exhausting that I would've realized.

"Yeah..." I nodded faking a smile. I know I can't, even if I wanted to, I can't really back away from this ordeal. I'm literally being forced against my will to put on this unused and dusty congenial mask just to be polite and kind with these strangers.

"Hey, I know you!" I heard a tiny little voice and when I looked for it, I saw the little girl that I recognized was from somewhere before when I was first hanging out with Jordi. With her tiny little steps, she came running towards me. "You were the one who saved Muffin! Daddy, he's the guy who saved Muffin!" The little girl trailed off with such flaring energy.