Part 5

**

You're sifting through the tea and coffee aisle, trying to look for your brand of craft coffee. You can't find Jungkook to help you, thinking he's probably on a short break. You walk through the other aisles and find two familiar faces, the other clerks whom Jungkook has introduced you to.

You're about to approach them and ask where your best friend is until you accidentally hear their conversation.

"I can't believe Jungkook went against the ex-cop last week. And beat him! That guy was huge. Did you see his winning hook kick?" one of them excitedly says.

You try not to smile at the thought.

"Yeah! But his uppercut on the karate guy? So smooth. How did he have all that energy for two fights in one night?!" The other one says. "Jungkook's insane, for sure."

Wait, what?

You drop the cup noodles you were holding at the information that Jungkook fought twice that night he showed up battered at your apartment. You know he wouldn't have let himself get that beaten up so easily. And that's why. He had two matches.

You know they don't do that, not when they have many fighters aching to have a go at it.

The sound startles both clerks and their eyes widen at the sight of you. "___, hey!" One of them nervously calls out. "Jungkook's just on a short break, he should be here—"

"Hey, ___, I'm here!" Says a familiar voice approaching you from behind.

You try to look for an escape and force yourself to change your reaction from a betrayed and upset one to another that isn't that. But Jungkook is quick and is onto you in a second.

"___, did you need any — why is your face like that, everything okay?"

"You... you had two matches that night," you look up at him and say, voice shrill and cracking.

You see the panic on his face. "How did you know?"

There's a pang on your chest at the confirmation. "It doesn't matter."

"I—" He looks around and knows it's not the best time and place to talk about it. "Can we talk about it tonight when I go over for dinner?"

You glare at him. "Will you tell me everything or will I have to force it out of Yoongi this time?" You ask, arms crossed.

He's done that before when he initially played off how the fights are. You were but a naive woman who blindly believed everything he'd said until you had your doubts and forced your elder friend to tell you the truth.

"I'll tell you everything, I promise."

"Okay," you say, and walk away empty handed.

**

Jungkook walks into your apartment after you let him in, bags of groceries in both hands. He sets them on your coffee table and takes out the items you set out to buy - coffee, cup noodles, some potatoes and beef, eggs, and a bunch of other things he thought you'd like.

"You can't bribe me into forgiving you after you lied to me, Jungkook," you say, a stern look on your face, yet no matter how hard you try to show your disappointment, you'll always soften at his presence. All he needs to do is flash his boyish, guilty smile and you're done for. He knows this too because that's exactly what he does.

"I'm not trying to bribe you but I am apologizing for lying. I didn't know how to tell you. You were already so worried and I—"

"Because you were so beat up! And then I learn that it's because you had two matches on the same night? That doesn't even happen, right Kook? You'd never... oh god, don't tell me it's always been like that and you—"