⁰²⁵

♯ irl !

♯ irl !

after a little more waiting around, rena and drea at last made their way to river's house, walking in and announcing their presence as though they had been away for months which resulted in laughter being released from the boys.

"took your sweet fucking time," nick commented as they walked into the living room, making their way straight to the snacks sprawled on the centre table.

"beauty takes time nicolas," rena shrugged as she plopped a strawberry in her mouth, completely missing the way chris' eyes were trained on her and her alone.

"and also leaves us tired," river commented as he wrapped his arms around drea, pulling her into a quick hug that left the two of them beaming.

"gross," chris joked as a small smiled played at his lips at the gesture, finding their small moments far more adorable than he would have liked to admit.

drea gave him a roll of her eyes before responding, "don't be jealous chris, your moment will come soon."

he shook his head at the girl's words and laughed minimally before going back to eating whatever he was eating. he cast the packet of chips aside before he began listening to whatever matt and drea had started speaking about.

he was far too engrossed in their small debate to take in rena's eyes on him and the small glint of admiration in them. he didn't see the pure smile she held when she glanced at him, eyes flickering over his relaxed demeanour and the way he looked so incredible doing nothing at all. the sound of his laughter rang around in her mind as soon as it was released and she couldn't help the little smile that made its way onto her face due to the sound. her mind was nowhere near focused on the current conversation going on around her, more so on the boy who was barely saying anything at all. she was in a world of her own that made her feel fuzzy around the edges, despite nothing happening to make her feel as such. the mere sight of him made her feel giddy and she shook her head at herself slightly before she tuned back in.

the first words she heard once she allowed herself to zone back in made her laugh slightly, the sound bringing the attention to her before it dissipated back to everyone else as they too laughed. she tucked a small strand of hair behind her ear and met chris' eyes across the room, giving him a soft smile that he returned all too well. the eye contact lingered for a few moments and neither of them felt like looking away as they relished in the small connection. however, they were interrupted by matt changing the topic yet again.

"anyway! are we filming this video or what?" the boy stood up, earning odd glances from the rest of the group at the weird tone of voice he had settled on.