Chapter 28

Lucas's pov

"No. What.. What have you done?" She asked before sleep overcame her. I sighed, great she thinks I was being selfish again. I hope I did the right thing though.

"What did you do, Lucas? Is she okay!?" My mother screamed next to me.

"Shut up mom!" I yelled at her and got a warning growl from my dad for being rude to my mom.

I sighed again. "Sorry mom. Everything is fine with Valeria, she is just sleeping so that my wish could come true."

"What did you wish for?" My sister asked.

I looked at my sleeping love and kissed her forehead.

"You will find out sometime later. Now I'm taking my mate to rest in our room." Everyone tried to protest but I just kept walking.

I secretly enjoyed being able to carry Valeria in bridal style. She even looks like a bride in her white gown.

"She is like an angel. The most beautiful angel of all." Onyx said admiringly.

"You're quite a softy Onyx." I laughed at him.

"Only for her." He growled playfully.

When I got to our apartment, I took Valeria to bed and sat next to her. I admired her features again now that I had time. She looked so calm, so beautiful. I am so thankful that she is mine. I will do anything to keep her safe and happy.

She stirred in her sleep. I stroked her hair.

"Nathan... Opal.." She whispered quietly and soon I saw how the tears fell from the corner of her eyes. Selene made my wish come true.

A small part of me was still jealous of Valeria and Nathan's past and that she is with him now. And even though it hurt me to see her cry, I know I made the right choice.

"I'm proud of you." Onyx said.

"Thank you Onyx.." I answered, moved. We've come a long way with Onyx if you compare this moment to the time before we met Valeria.

I let Valeria sleep and sat on the chair next to the bed to go through a bunch of paperwork. I still have to make sure everything is ready for Alpha James' visit.

About half an hour passed when Valeria started to wake up. I started to get nervous. I'm sure she can hear how fast my heart is beating. How will she react when she wakes up? Was my wish successful or did something go wrong?

She sat up and looked around, probably confused to not be in the ballroom anymore. Then her gaze turned to me and I directed my gaze to the floor. Why am I so nervous?

"Lucas, come here." Valeria said, and I couldn't tell if she was happy, sad or angry, I couldn't tell anything from her voice.

I got up and went to her side but I didn't dare to look at her. Valeria held my face and turned my eyes to her. I looked straight into her eyes and for the first time I could see pure love in them.

"Thank you Lucas." Then she kissed me. Not just any little kiss, but a real kiss. I gasped in surprise and she deepened the kiss, is this really happening?

"Shut up idiot and focus on our mate!" Onyx roared in my mind. Oh yeah, right.

I returned the kiss and wrapped my arms around her waist and gently brought her closer to me. Valeria had different plans because she moved into my lap and put her hands in my hair. I held onto her tighter.

The kiss was getting really intense. Valeria tugged my hair and an embarrassing moan came out of my mouth and my whole body trembled. I have been waiting for this kind of contact with my mate for a long time and I am ready to accept everything she gives me.

Valeria moved to kiss my chin, after which she moved to kiss my neck. I moved my head to give her more space. She kissed and nibbled my neck until she found the place where the mate mark goes.

I groaned out loud. Shit, I have to stop this because Valeria is emotional and does something she doesn't want to.

I moved my hands to her shoulders and pushed gently.

"Valeria, wait, look at me." I tell her out of breath.

My breath hitched. She looked so attractive as she looked at me with hooded eyes.

"Yes Lucas?" She even sounds seductive! Argh! I must be the stupidest male in the world when I stop her.

"Maybe we should stop here. Do not get me wrong! I love what we're doing and I'd happily move on, but you're emotional and I don't want you to regr-"

"Mark me." Huh?

"W-what?" I stutter.

"I want you to mark me and I want to mark you. You and Onyx are mine and I want everyone to know that." She said seriously and continued

"I'm not ready for sex with you yet, but I want us to mark each other." She is serious.

"Yes!" I yelled and scooped her back into my arms and threw her on the bed. Valeria laughed and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

I kissed her again and started to get pretty excited, I'm sure she can feel it too. Oh well, it's only natural. I moved to kiss her neck and stroked her side with the other hand. Valeria's hands were in my hair again as she held me on her neck.

Then she moaned and rubbed against me, how hard she was making it for me not to take her right now. I found a place to mark her.

"D-do it Lucas please." She begged with a moan.

My teeth grew longer and I wasted no time sinking them into her skin. Valeria tensed for a moment before sighing again. Suddenly, I felt a sting in my neck myself, and after the slightest pain, a euphoric good feeling followed.

I felt our connection getting stronger and part of Valeria's feelings. A perfect connection is formed when we complete the mating. Now she is happy.

I removed my teeth from her neck and closed the wound. Valeria did the same to me. Tiredness hit after this and we quickly changed our clothes and went to bed. I pulled her close to me and before sleep overtook me I heard Valeria whisper

"Thank you Lucas, I love you."