first match

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ five / -first match

1976

HALFWAY THROUGH DINNER

Victoria was sat down in the middle of Remus and Sirius while looking towards the Slytherin table. "Something is quite wrong with Reggie don't you think?" Victoria whispered to Sirius who was sitting down next to her. The wavy haired boy just shrugged and pretended not to care but Victoria knew deep down and by the look of his shiny eyes, he cared.

Given by Sirius' body language, Victoria moved her attention to Remus. "So, is it true that you're the one who's gonna be the commentator tommorow?" Victoria questioned the messy haired boy. "Yes, quite nerve wracking though" Remus answered, looking down on Victoria's plate that was filled with mashed potato, baked beans and a slice of meat. But Remus noticed that it has been more than thirty minutes and her food looked like it was just prepared, her fork squeaky clean.

"Hey" Remus called Victoria, his right hand resting on her thigh. She turned her head to face him. "Yeah?" Victoria whispered. "Why are you not eating?" He questioned, gently squeezing her thigh. Victoria's face turned pink. "Oh" Was the word that came out of her mouth.

"Erm, I-I quite forgot, I'm full" Victoria stammered, looking down. "From what?" He asked which he will soon be regretting. "Don't push me, Lupin" Victoria said plainly before turning her attention to Marlene who was sitting on the opposite side of the table.

It was after dinner that Remus figured he will be apologising to Victoria for his deceptive question earlier. "Vicky" He called the black haired girl who was speaking with some first years. "Yeah?" She answered. "I'm sorry for the question I asked earlier if you find it offensive" He told her silently since there was quite a few people from other houses chilling in their common room.

"No need to apologise, I was just in a bad mood" Victoria smiled at him as she tip-toed to kiss him on the cheek. "Good night" She spoke while hugging him which he returned while rubbing her head which brought comfort to her

Victoria left him in the common room to meet with Lily and Marlene. "Are you okay, Vicky?" Marlene asked while Victoria flopped down to her bed. "Yeah, just tired" Victoria lied, standing up to go to the loo.

"Lily, do you mind painting my nails for the game tomorrow?" Victoria asked the red-headed girl. "Yeah sure, got any nail varnish?" Lily said which Victoria nodded in response before drifting to sleep.

"Alright, goodluck" Lily smiled at her now boyfriend, James. He's a chaser and a captain for the Gryffindor quidditch team while Sirius is a keeper while Peter and Remus doesn't have any interest in quidditch at all. Well Remus was forced by McGonagall to be a commentator for his sixth year. "And of course, goodluck to you Marlene" Lily and Victoria spoke at the same time.

"Do you want to marry him, Lily?" Victoria asked, linking arms with Lily and Marlene. "I guess? I'm not really sure" Lily answered, squinting her eyes in confusion.

"Well I'm sure you'll marry Remus" Marlene giggled nudging Victoria. "Oh shush" Victoria stated, blushing furiously.

Finally, they have arrived at the quidditch pitch. Victoria looked to her side to tell something to Remus but she quickly realize that he wasn't by her side since he was sitting with the Professors.

"Good morning everyone! Welcome to the first match of the season" Remus spoke through the microphone cheerily.

His tone made Victoria smile, making eye contact with him as he introduced the players from Gryffindor and Slytherin, describing each of the players with adjectives with a tone of sarcasm when it comes to Gryffindors but blatantly serious when it comes to Slytherins.