pregnancy

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ twenty-five / -pregnancy

1980

VICTORIA AND REMUS SAT NEXT

to eachother in bed, watching the television. Sure they're peculiar, but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy muggle things.

The two spent their lunch break, hiding from everyone and munching on some popcorn as they watch sit-coms.

Victoria love these kinds of moments she shared with her boyfriend. The fact that she could have a break from the wizarding world and she wouldn't get judged.

She absolutely love taking breaks from the world she was used to from time to time. Especially with the dark lord rising and him recruiting members she knew and once got close with. The people who used to be her friends.

Though their sweet moment was interrupted when they heard multiple knocks on their door, that startled them. "Who is it?" Victoria spoke up. "It's Amelia, James and Lily's here...saying that they needed to tell us something" Amelia answered from the other side of the door.

Victoria and Remus looked at each other, concerned of what James and Lily wanted to talk about. Does it have something to do with the dark lord?

That uncanny thought made Victoria felt goosebumps on her skin that was quite visible. Remus turned off the television and turned his attention to Victoria. "You okay?" He asked worriedly. "Yeah, I'm alright-let's get down shall we" Victoria answered nervously. "We shall" Remus responded to Victoria, cutrsying as he do so while kissing her hand that immediatley cheered her up somehow.

They settled down next to Sirius and Willow. All of them gathered up in the living room. "So? What do you want to talk to us about?" Sirius asked impatiently, patiency is truly his weakness.

"It's been a month and we prepared and talked to each other before saying anything to you guys" Lily finally spoke, her words caught Peter off guard. "You're getting divorced aren't you?" He gasped with his eyes wide open.

"No-" James replied.

Meanwhile, Victoria played Lily's statement in her head for a few times while James and Peter were talking.

And then it clicked.

Her mouth gaped open.

"Oh for Merlin's sake, I'm pregnant!" Lily interrupted, her announcement made everyone's jaw drop.

After that, the silence turned into loud gasp followed by embracing the couple simultaneously congratulating them.

"I didn't think you would be good in bed that you would actually create a baby" Sirius said to James who rolled his eyes. "Congratulations is one word Padfoot"

"Oh I sure hope it's a girl" Amelia exhaled as she hugged Lily. "Well if it's a boy, I'm dressing it as a girl" Lily responded jokingly. "Don't call your child 'it' Lily" Remus called her out which made her chuckle. "Anyway, congratulations... don't name that child a silly name" He added while hugging her.

"I can't believe you're pregnant" Victoria cried while hugging Lily, careful not to crush her. "When's it gonna be your turn?" Lily wiggled her eyebrows as Victoria sat next to her. "Oh don't make this about me" Victoria laughed nervously, avoiding her question. "This day is about you and James and your baby...now come on, I'll cook lasagna" Victoria added as she stood up before halting to the kitchen.

"Willow, chop-chop, we need to work" Victoria called out to her friend, pinching the side of her belly which made Willow jump before huffing, quietly following her.

____

After the announcement of Lily's pregnancy, Victoria decided to make one of Lily's favourites along with Willow's help.

"You know, I haven't tasted anything you cooked at all" Peter stated, sitting down next to Amelia. "Well be prepared, because she's a fine chef" Sirius beamed, excited and hungry for Victoria's dish.

"My stomach is already grumbling" Remus softly groaned as he held his stomach. "Well here it is!" Willow said whilst walking to the table, settling down the lasagna.

When everybody's settled down, they tasted the lasagna and Victoria was bombarded with complements, and a kiss on the cheek by Remus followed by an 'I love you'.

"Amelia, leave that to me" Minnie instructed Amelia, who was cleaning up the left overs. "Oh don't be ridiculous Minnie, you've been doing all the work here, It's my pleasure to help you" Amelia assured the elf kindly who looked at her with a warm smile.

Meanwhile, Victoria was relaxing with her boyfriend Remus, on the couch while looking at Victoria's photo album. Going through pictures of her growing up.

"That's me and my father, playing outside" Victoria sighed as she pointed at the picture. Even though she has her life together now, she couldn't help but remember all the times where her so called father abused her and treated her like an object that he could just do anything at and expect it not to be affected by his actions.

Looking back at her father smiling while holding her made a tear drop, simultaneously wiping it away to prevent Remus from noticing it but it was too late.

"We could stop, you know" Remus spoke, making sure that Victoria wasn't uncomfortable. "No, it's alright-I'm alright. You have been showing me your childhood and I felt that you haven't had a glimpse of mine, so this is my way of showing it whether you like it or not" Victoria reassured Remus, squeezing his hand gently.

Victoria continued to flip the pages of her photo album that her mother made for her titled: Victoria, my beloved daughter.

Victoria surely wished that's true.

Reminiscing her childhood spent with Cyrus, Sirius, and Regulus along with dress-ups with Andromeda made Victoria felt better about her past.

Victoria was thankful that her mother made her a photo album, but that doesn't justify her actions towards her own daughter.

"You know, when we have children... I wouldn't treat them like what my own mother treated me" Victoria expressed to Remus out of the blue. "You won't, I'm sure about that... you're going to be the best mother" Remus assured with a soft smile, kissing Victoria's temple.