Chapter 2

-Y/n is lost in thought as they walk in the moonlight towards their university, hair blowing behind them as they walked further and further away from the man baby trying to harass the poor teen boy.-

The night grew darker as y/n walked on the cold stoned concrete. They pulled out their headphones and placed them inside their ears, glancing into a shop window to fix stray strands before continuing on their way. A few people walked past, minding their business and not sparing Y/n a glance, which was calming. They quietly hummed to the tune of the songs until finally coming across the familiar round curvy building, SIFT, Y/n's college.

Walking up the tall steps leading to the lab, they walked into Gogo who was making adjustments to her bike before greeting Y/n. Y/n waves in response, humming a little louder as they felt more comfortable in the inner walls of the crowded room. Walking past Gogo, Y/n heads towards Tadashi's lab, opening the door to the room and walking in, not bothering to turn on the lights.

To the sounds of the clock ticking in the background, Y/n continued looking through the programming of Tadashi's project, Y/n had only helped with the design and fixing a few errors on the programming, as well as taking notes on what could be adjusted. 

Muffled noises come from outside the lab but the working student didn't notice, too busy fixing errors. Suddenly, the lights to the labs switched on, making Y/n's eyes twitch and contract from the brightness. Reaching a hand up to cover their eyes, they heard a friendly voice call out.

"Hey N/n,"

"It's Y/n, I told you to stop calling me that." They hissed in response, though they weren't really mad. Tadashi chuckled before he continued speaking, "This is my brother."

Y/n spun around, seeing a timid boy around her age behind his older brother.

"Uh hey i'm-"

"Wait aren't you that guy from the bot fight?" Y/n cut off the boy. Hiro looked surprised as he didn't expect a college students to go to bot fights, let alone Tadashi's co-worker.

"Wait, you went to a bot fight?" Tadashi asked Y/n annoyed. "Yeah but I only went there to get some inspiration, calm down. It's not like I did anything illegal alright?" Y/n turned back to the younger boy. "What was your name again? uhhh..Harry?"

"uh it's Hiro."

"Oh right, nice bot you had there, did you make it yourself?"

Hiro's face got hotter at the praise. "Oh thanks, yeah I made it myself." he mumbled, starting to get nervous, he didn't even know their name. Seeming to sense the boys apprehension, Y/n said, "Y/n L/n, nice to meet you." They held out a hand expectingly. Hiro takes Their hand and shakes it enthusiastically before realising.

"Wait, the Y/n L/n!?"

"huh?"

Hiro continued to grip onto Y/n's hand, growing more anxious before replying. "Uh I went to the same school as you. You graduated a year before me."

"Oh yeahh I think I heard about you too. You're also some sort of child genius, I wish we could've known each other sooner." Y/n rambled, turned slightly to face Tadashi. 

"yeah.." Hiro trailed off.

"Anyways, I was just tinkering with the big marshmallow here." They conversed with the college student before Hiro interrupted with a confused look on his face. "Oh yeah, so what's your major?" he asked Tadashi. 

"I'll show you."

He gets out duct tape and rips it with his teeth Y/n is confused at this because this isn't the project that he's been working on. "Duct tape?" Hiro looks unamused, "Sorry bro, already been invented." "What, hey!" Hiro was then cut off by Tadashi ripping the duct tape he so quickly put on Hiro earning a yelp in pain from Hiro. "DAHA OW! DUDE OW?" Y/n realised why Tadashi just abused his brother as beeping is heard behind him, he moves to show a white balloon inflating itself.

Tadashi puts a hand out presenting the inflated balloon and turns to Hiro, "This, is what I've been working on." He says with a smile. Hiro looks dumbfounded at the robot as it slowly walks out of its red container, one foot at a time. The robot slowly starts waddling towards Hiro but bumps into the chair in front of him. "Needs work on coordination." Y/n says out loud, typing on their laptop with one hand and holding it with the other. Hiro glances at Y/n, raising a brow. The white Robot picks up the chair and moves it to the side gently before once again waddling towards Hiro.

"Hello, I am Baymax. Your personal healthcare companion. I was alerted to the need to medical attention when you said, 'ow'." Tadashi mouths the word ow with Baymax as Hiro awkwardly says "A robotic nurse?" Baymax looks to his chest as it lights up with a graph. "On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your pain?" Baymax asks, only for Hiro to harshly reply turning towards his older brother "Physical, or emotional?" He glared at his brother as Tadashi pouts at him jokingly. Y/n lets out a small chuckle keeping their eyes on their screen.

"I will scan you now." Hiro looks shocked at this a squints at the robot. "Scan complete." Showing another image on his chest, Baymax says "You have a slight epidermal abrasion on your forearm." Y/n replied with "Maybe use smaller words for some patients." Typing in their laptop once again.

"I suggest an antibacterial spray." Baymax walks towards Hiro with his finger in the air while the other arm moves towards Hiro's arm. "Woah, woah, woah." Hiro interrupts. "What's in the spray specifically?" He asks smirking. "The primary ingredient is, bacitracin." Once again showing an image on his chest. Hiro clicks his tongue, "That's a bummer, I'm actually allergic to that" Baymax tits its head as though it was confused. "You are not allergic to bacitracin." Baymax tits its head back up, "You do have a mild allergy to... peanuts." it says pointing a finger towards the ceiling.

"Huh, not bad." Hiro says amused still keeping the smirk on his face and letting Baymax spray his arm. "You've done some serious coding on this thing huh?" He says nodding towards Tadashi. "Uh huh, programmed him with over 10 thousand medical procedures." Taping the circle showing the chip that programs Baymax. "This chip is what makes Baymax... Baymax." Hiro walks up to the robot and taps the chip back into Baymax. 

Word count: 1071