secretive

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ six / -secretive

1976

THE WEEK BEFORE THE FULL MOON

was always the worst week of Remus' life. It affects him and his friends mentally and physically. It had caused him pain since he was five.

"Are you all right moony?" Victoria asked beside him at the Gryffindor common room. "Yeah" Remus answered with no emotion shown on his face. Victoria felt that her question was nonsense since it was clear that he was not okay.

For the past few weeks, Victoria was hiding a secret from Remus and the rest of her friends. She was learning on how to be an animagus for Remus, she was quite nervous on how would her form would be.

"Hey, I got to go" She spoke up, her hand gently squeezing Remus' forearm.
Remus always tend to be silent and distant the week before the full moon and his friends respected it.

Though Remus didn't say a word, his mind were filled with thoughts -depressing thoughts. And Victoria leaving him alone in the common room was not helping these thoughts but he knew that Victoria also needed to be alone sometimes.

As Victoria left in a hurry to go to the library, she bumped into Mary Macdonald, one of her acquaitances.
"Oh sorry" Mary smiled at Victoria as Victoria pressed her lips together into a small-awkward smile before passing by her.

Victoria sat on an empty table while dropping a book about transfiguration.
She was at the end of the process of turning into an animagus and wished that it goes right.

In just a few hours, it will be the last time she would say the phrase "Amato Animo Animato Animagus" Before going to the place where she hid her crystal phial.

She have planned this very carefully eversince she discovered that her guy friends were animagus too and she would like to be a big help to Remus when transforming since the guys were very open to her when it comes to the process of helping their friend.

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked, as he and Victoria were strolling around the hallway. "I'm just not feeling good" Victoria lied, looking down at her watch as quickly walked away, leaving Sirius dumbfounded.

Sirius knew that something was off with Victoria since everytime that Victoria is not feeling well, she would not speak or even tell them how she felt. Sirius was the only one who knew the details of her trauma, not even Remus. They bonded with eachother through trauma. Feeling like they were the only one within the friendgroup who actually knows and relates with how they were feeling.

"Where's Victoria?" Remus asked worriedly, noticing that she was not with Lily and Marlene. "I don't know, I thought she was with you" Lily answered, sitting next to James. "I saw her going to the library earlier" Marlene spoke up. "What do you think she's doing?" James asked. "Don't know, she's been acting quite odd lately" Peter answered, cracking his knuckles. "Yeah, she is" Remus said, recalling their interaction a few hours ago.

"She was with me" Sirius' voice spoke up, shutting the door behind him as he sat down next to Marlene. Marlene felt a sting of jealousy when she found out that Victoria was alone with Sirius, though she knew that they have been close eversince.

"Where is she?" Remus' panicked voice hits Sirius' ears. "She said she was not feeling well which was odd of her" Sirius answered. "So just saying how she felt was weird?" Peter questioned rhetorically.

"No, you don't understand" Remus shook his head. "She's open with her feelings but- I - she's difficult to describe. Ask moony" James said, finding it difficult to describe Victoria.

"Are you even her friend?" Marlene blurted out that made Peter frowned at himself.

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus" Victoria spoke with her wand pointing at her heart while the sun was going down. It felt like there was a second heartbeat. "All I need to do is wait for the storm" She said to herself as she went inside as it was already dark.

As she was walking, she bumped into another person, again. "Sorry" A voice of a girl muttered. It was Pandora, a great friend of Regulus. It looked like as she was crying. "Hey, I know I'm not that close with you but may I ask what happened?" Victoria said as she looked at the girl's bloodshot eyes. "It's about Reggie" The blonde stated, sniffling as she walked towards a spot that was covered by a tree.

"I suppose you're a good friend with his brother, right?" Victoria nodded. "He really misses him and he has been acting odd lately and he's not the boy that I know and love. He has turned into this stone cold-hearted boy that have distanced himself to his friends" Pandora coughed while Victoria rubbed her back to comfort her.

The two girls didn't realised that they missed dinner as they were talking about Regulus. But Pandora was very careful to not slip the secret that Regulus told her to keep.

"I don't think It will be appropriate to share specific details about him, I'm really greatful that you asked how I'm feeling, I really wanted to let that out" Pandora said while Victoria just shot her a smile. "Well It was my pleasure, thank you for telling me about Reggie, I have been worried" Victoria added as she left the blonde who waved her goodbye.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" Remus exclaimed worriedly, embracing the black haired girl. Remus was sitting on one of the couches in the common room, well he spent most of the time waiting for her, pacing around. It was now nine thirty-seven in the evening and Victoria spent another hour at the kitchen with the elves to talk with them and eat.

"I was in the library" Victoria lied, pulling away from Remus. "That's a lie" Remus replied that made Victoria gulped. "Okay I lied but I was just catching up with some friends" Victoria said which is kind of true given the fact that she talked with Pandora. "And who's the 'friend' may I ask?" James chimed in.

Easy question for Victoria."Pandora" She smiled and sat down next to Sirius."What did you talk about?" Sirius asked. "None of your business" She said simply, resting her left thumb on top of her left middle finger. It is a signal that she and Sirius used when they were children when one has an important information to share with another.

Sirius' eyes drifted to her hands and run his fingers through his hair as a signal that he got her message. Although that was not the deal they made, they will either blink two times or snap their fingers. Sirius disagreed with it and suggested that he'll run his fingers through his hair since he 'looks good doing it'.

"I'm just happy you're safe" Peter stated, his hands on his pockets. "Thank you, honey" Victoria smiled sweetly at him.

"Is she here?" Marlene asked, standing on the stairs that lead to the girls dormitory. "Yeah" Remus answered, wrapping his right arm around Victoria's waist. "You guys are so worried, it's only nine pm" Victoria laughed nervously.

"Well you should have told me where you were going" Remus retorted that made Victoria turn to face him. "Are you suggesting that I need to inform you every move I make and that I'm not allowed to have any other friends?" Victoria scoffed as she felt offended and removed his arm around her waist, storming up to Marlene.

"I fucked up" Remus groaned, floping down next to James. "No, you didn't something is bothering her" Sirius shook his head as he spoke.