Panic attack

Mentions of a panic attack

I walked into our apartment and immediately knew something was wrong. I could hear my boyfriend, Trevor pacing back and forth in our bedroom. I knew he had been struggling with anxiety, but it had been a while since he had a panic attack. I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself to be there for him.

As I opened the door to our bedroom, I saw Trevor curled up on our bed, his chest heaving as he gasped for air. Tears streamed down his face, and I could see the fear in his eyes. I rushed over to him and held him close, whispering soothing words in his ear.

"It's alright... it's okay... I'm here now. I've got you," I whispered, over and over again. I could feel his body start to relax as I held him, and I knew that I had to stay strong for him.

As I held him, I felt his body start to shake. His breathing was erratic, and I knew he was struggling to calm down. I took his face in my hands and looked him in the eyes.

"Breathe with me," I said, as I took deep breaths. I could feel him start to match my breathing, and I knew it was working.

I kept holding him, rocking him gently back and forth, as he continued to shake. I could feel my own heart racing, but I knew I had to stay calm for him. I couldn't let my own anxiety get in the way of comforting him.

As his shaking subsided, I felt his body start to relax. I kept holding him, knowing that he needed me to be there for him.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, but was really only a few minutes, Trevor opened his eyes and looked at me. He looked exhausted, but also grateful.

"Thank you," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you for being here."

I hugged him tightly, feeling the weight of the moment lift off my shoulders. We stayed like that for a while, just holding each other, until Alex fell asleep in my arms.

As I looked down at him, I knew that I would always be there for him. No matter what life threw our way, I would always be there to hold him, comfort him, and remind him that he was not alone.