4

tells about someone we don't know, Bella's safety and who cares?

"Who is it? Someone we know?", Carlsile asked. The family sat together in the living room, including Bella. "A stranger. I didn't recognize his scent.", Edward answered. "A  nomad passing through?" "A passing through wouldn't have spared her father's life.", Rosalie cut in. Jasper and Emmett stepped inside the living room. "The scent disappeared about five miles south from Bella's house.", the texas man said while he stood next to his mate. "Someone's pulling the strings on this." "Victoria?", the human, Bella, that sat next to Alice spoke in. "I would have seen her passing by.", Alice answered. "It has to be the Volturi." "I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions too." "So we keep looking." "And we also take shifts by Bella and her house.", Carlsile said. "Another protection detail?", Rosalie asked. "Rosalie." "No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." "And for Victoria.", Emmett's mate ended Bella's sentence. "And keep yourself fed." "I'm not leaving you here defenseless.", Edward called. "Well I'm not gonna let you starve." She was right. Jasper's and Aurora's eyes were black. They haven't eaten anything in over a week. Bella continued explaining why she wouldn't be defenseless.

~~~

It was about Bella's safety and Charlie's. In the days that followed, Bella got the werewolves to at least try to work together with the Cullens. The wolves took over, so the Cullens could hunt. It wasn't exactly an easy alliance.

"I don't know how to feel about this all.", Aurora said as her head laid in Jasper's lap and his hand stroked through her hair.

"Then don't. Who cares?"