dead and exhausted

"What do you m-mean you don't have anything?" I asked visibly confused, I knew she had an entire life. Surely this was just one thing that happened. She couldn't give up now.

"I can't just go back like everything is normal" she said plainly, "I havent had a normal day since I've met you.." . She looked at me with annoyance as if I had something to do with it. And maybe I did, I have been watching her, sometimes.. But it's not like I'm interfering with her day to day life.

"Well it's only been a f-few days... i-i-it could change" I said trying to bring her a little hope for the better. I wasn't going to leave her out here alone. But I started to realize how cold it was and the harsh rain made it worse. "Let's g-go back under t-the trees, we're a-already soaked"

She shook her head, "I shouldn't trust you, you're a murderer" she said standing up on her own. "Well you've t-trusted me to t-this point haven't you?" I said narrowing my eyes. I realized my stutter was getting worse because of how cold it was. I started to shake because of the dropping temperature.

She stayed quiet for a while, "You... You aren't going to hurt me, right?" She asked looking at me with a timid stare. "I've told you, I'm not going t-t-to hurt you, and I-i never will" I said feeling a bit like a broken record. I grabbed her forearm and walked towards the forest for shelter. Sure we would still be drenched, but, it was better than getting constantly poured on.

"Hey!" She shouted trying to pull in the opposite direction. I kept a firm grasp on her arm and continued to pull her towards the forest. My clothes were already dripping from how much water they absorbed. My hair was clinging to my face and neck making it rather uncomfortable to be out here.

"Let go of me!" She yelled as she tried to rip my arm from hers. I didn't let go, instead I gripped it tighter until it almost hurt. "Why a-are you so provoking....?" I said in a low tone. Soon we were under the trees and I hesitantly let go of her arm, "Do not try and run". She looked at me and took her arm away. The spot on her arm that I was holding was red and she rubbed it.

I let my expression soften, "You're going t-to get hypothermia if you stay in the r-rain" I said with a sigh. It was still raining heavily and the thunder rolled in the background. Even though it was early in the evening, the clouds made it look like it was almost night. I had a feeling it was going to be a very long day.

Y/n's pov:

I shivered from the slight wind that blew through the forest. It made my clothes feel cold as well. Sadly he was right, weather like this could possibly make us sick. But in my opinion that didn't really matter. Nothing could make me more sick than what i had just been through. I still had that longing feeling of dread in my stomach.

I took my jacket off and tried to wring some of the water put of it. I put the jacket on and it still felt damp and wrinkled. It didn't bring the same comfort as it did before. I crossed my arms to try and keep my warmth to myself.

Toby pulled his hoodie over his head and squeezed the water out of it. He had a plain black shirt on that clung to his toned body because of the water. I looked away after a few seconds realizing I was staring. Toby tied the hoodie around his lower waist and pushed his hair back.

I couldn't help but notice all scars and bruises he had all over his arms. And yet he acted as if it didn't bother him. He was quite an intimidating person, he was tall and well built, and he had a cold demeanor. "Come on" he said plainly as he started to walk back from the way they came. I hesitated but decided it would be best just to follow him.

"Where are we going..?" I asked quietly, walking behind him. "You are going back home" he said glancing back at me. I stopped in my tracks, "What if- No! I can't go back!" I shouted. Quickly turn to face me, "Not this again.. k-keep your voice down, would ya?" He hushed. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to walk with him, "What else could p-possibly happen that would be so much w-worse, eh?" Toby asked a little agitated.