Chapter 8: Play My Game

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw Issei come back where he was immediately bombarded with questions from his parents and other members as they all were not getting any answers from him. Aika then makes the mistake of demanding his help, as Issei shows that he is not to be messed with, he brings her close to her and yells at her, almost bringing her to tears due to her fear, he then sees his parents defend her, which angers him even more, he berates all of them, and the next time they bother him, he will not hesitate to kill them. He then walks inside, leaving them in fear. As this was going on, Ingvild wonders on how will she convince Issei to give up his attack, when she finds several clothing which she decides to wear after taking a bath, upon realizing that she was nothing but a pawn for him, she burns them all to the ground. She then wears her Kuoh clothing as she goes to shop. As this was going on, Issei and Ophis were watching anime, when Artemis comes in, as she discusses her state of approval. Issei understands this, and gives her a necklace that she will make Athena wear to deal with her, and she will start to get corrupt very soon. As they go back to watching when Artemis leaves, Kuroka demands where Valery is, to which Issei doesn't know where she is. Meanwhile, the gods of the Greek Mythology discuss on what to do, as Zeus agrees to release Nyx. Athena and Artemis meet, with the former checking on videos on Issei and Malak, as Artemis gives her a necklace, which starts to corrupt her slowly and surely. Artemis then leaves. Moments later all the Gods and Goddess gather, with some being against the release of Nyx, but they have no choice, but to accept Issei's deal. They, then agree to leave Artemis and Athena to guard Nyx, as they all agree to do so, while sealing away her divinity. After which Issei managed to successfully recreate the True Longinus, as this was going on, Issei encounters Ingvild who tries to convince him, but he refuses, however Ingvild was done with this, as she retorts back, she is angry with Issei treating her like that. Issei also responds back, however he brings up points that break her down. Ingvild, on the other hand refuses to back down, as she stays resilient, Issei is surprised, however he does not change his goals, he walks away, with him planning his next move. The factions then decide what is to be done next, with Ajuka coming up with a suggestion that he should put some girls for engagement, with the girls being unaware of this, they also put Artemis's name on it, causing her to be in utter shock and disbelief, she was not expecting her father to agree to this without hesitation, Artemis understands this, and shows this to her inner self, with her joining in, after the meeting, as she asks to talk to Issei due to all of this. 

Underworld, 6:00 PM

The DXD Group could be seen with tired looks, none of what they were doing was making any sense, they tried to find any leads to the Droid army, as well as Malak, but they were finding none. Among the group, the ones to stand out with tired looks are Seekvaria Agares, Asia Argento and Ravel Phenex, however whatever their efforts, nothing was found, not even a hint of them. 

"Damn!" Bikou exclaimed with frustration, "We couldn't find anything on that bastard, it was like the Earth swallowed him whole."

"I am not surprised" Arthur spoke with an expressive tone, "After all he is someone to hide himself, and attack when we least expect it."

"You're kidding right?" Rias asked in surprise, to which Arthur only shook his head, Rias feared what would happen if she was under attack. 

"He is right, the attacks are meant for only a single purpose, to destroy the factions" Sona spoke with worry, as she had a thoughtful look.