late night out

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ nine / -late night out

1976

SIRIUS AND VICTORIA WAS SAT ON

on a picnic mat that was settled below a tree facing the black lake. "I'm worried about him" Victoria said shakily as she was resting her head on Sirius' chest.

"I am too" Sirius whispered on her ear. They were talking about Sirius' brother, Regulus Black. Eversince they were children, the three of them were inseparable. But eversince the end of Victoria and Sirius' fifth year, Reggie was starting to distant himself from them. The two of them figured that it was because Sirius ran away but after discussing what Pandora Lestrange told her, they viewed Reggie's situation differently.

"I need to talk to Cyrus" Victoria stated as her breath hitched while Sirius played with the strands of her hair. "Are you sure?" Sirius asked while she nodded in response. "Have you tried talking with Reggie?" Victoria questioned, picking up a mango from a bag that she and Sirius brought.

Sirius was silent, didn't even bother to budge a simple 'no' or 'yes'. Victoria felt that it was an uncomfortable topic for him so they just lay there in an awkward yet peaceful silence.

"We should get going" Sirius suggested given the fact that it's past curfew. The two of them got up, Victoria folding the picnic mat while Sirius grabbed the bag.

"Ow" Victoria grunted as she felt a mosquito bit her, Sirius quietly laughed at her. Victoria shot him a look. "What" She hissed, scratching the spot where the insect bit her. The two started walking, Sirius linking arms with Victoria.

Sirius gently grabbed Victoria's arms and looked at the mosquito bite and used his nail to dug into it, resulting a vertical and horizontal line on top of each other. Victoria was quite used to his behaviour since he's been doing that since they were children.

In fact, one time when both of their families along with the Lestrange's, planned a somewhat picnic near the riverside during the summer of 1968.
Sirius and Victoria got separated from Reggie and Pandora and ended up in an area where there were a lot of mosquitos and ended up biting Victoria most, resulting Victoria covered by, not only with mosquito bites but with lines on top of it. Sirius called it 'art'.

"Goodnight" Victoria whispered to him before embracing Sirius. He did the exact same thing but kissed her temple. Their hug lasted for ten seconds before Victoria pulled away and tip-toed as she ruffled his hair which he responded with gently slapping her hand away.

Sirius went and entered his dormitory and met eyes with his best mates. "Where have you been?" Peter asked curiously, though he knew the answer when Sirius was out late. It's either he's shagging with a girl or trying to hex some Slytherins.

"Out with Victoria" He answered that made Remus turn to him, frowning. Yes the three of them knew that he's close with her eversince but he was never out late with Victoria. James pressed his lips together as he looked at Remus, noticing that Remus was jealous given by the stare he was giving Sirius.

"Oh yeah? and what were you doing?" Remus asked with a pissed tone, feeling intimidated by Sirius for unknown reason. "I'd rather not tell" Sirius answered, feeling tired as he lied down on his bed.

Sirius have a right not to tell Remus since the topic that he and Victoria discussed earlier was personal.

"Bullshit" Remus murmured that caused James to gasp. "Someone's jelly" Peter teased, trying to lighten up the situation with his mockery of an American teenage girl accent.

Instead of laughing, Remus casted him a glare. If looks could kill, Peter would probably dead by now.

"What's got your wand in a twist?" Sirius asked, confused at his friend's odd behavior. Remus just ignored him and tucked himself quietly.

Sirius looked at James and Peter for answered but they just shook their heads.

What Sirius and Victoria failed to acknowledge earlier was Remus staring at them as they bid their goodnight's.

"I barely got any sleep last night" Victoria groaned, burying her face on her hands as her elbows sat on top of the Gryffindor table. Remus responded with a 'hmm' followed by a "I wonder why" Victoria noticed his remark but brushed it off.

"Good morning" Greeted Sirius, ruffling Victoria's hair. "Have you done the assignment in Transfiguration?" Victoria asked Remus, trying to start a conversation with him while their other friends looked at them confusingly, well only Lily and Marlene. James and Peter knew why he was acting kind of bitter to her.

Remus just ignored Victoria's question and proceeded to read the Daily Prophet quietly. Victoria looked at him one more time before saying. "Guess I'll call you moody from now on" She grunted, standing up and walked towards the Hufflepuff table, abandoning her other friends as she could not stand Remus right now.

"What the bloody hell is your problem?" Marlene exclaimed, flicking Remus' forehead which he responded with a huff. "Enough with your silent treatment Lupin, she's off talking with Abbot, now tell us your problem" Sirius stated. Remus looked at him with a frown. "You" He started. "You are the problem, you already have girls chasing you, so shove off" Remus answered, putting down the news paper.

"What do you mean by that?" Sirius asked confusingly. "Don't be a daft, Sirius. I saw you two last night" Remus added, walking out.

"What did you do?" Marlene asked the boy beside her with her arms crossed. "Nothing!" Sirius responded, his hands on the air. "Remus is jealous since Sirius was out late with Victoria instead of him" Peter chimed in, biting into his banana bread.

"And he told Remus 'I'd rather not tell' and that lad was pissed, heard him grumbling" James spoke, his arm resting on Lily's shoulder. "I have the right to say that, Victoria and I were talking about Regulus" Sirius defended.

Once the name 'Regulus' came out of Sirius' mouth, no one spoke a word, instead, they nodded in understandment.