Ships In The Night (Songfic - Larry Stylinson)

❈Ships in the Night❈ - Songfic Based off of  "Ships In The Night" by Mat Kearney -

HARRY’S POV

“This is all bullshit!” Louis shouted, fists flying from his mouth.

How could we be euphoric one moment, and so hostile the next?

“How can you say that?!” I retorted, “After all we’ve been through, you’re going to walk away?”

Louis bit his lip. His knuckles were bleach white, clenched at this sides. He was holding back tears as I let mine flow freely down my pale cheeks.

“Why can’t you just trust me Boo?” I pressed, “I would never leave you. Why can’t you keep a commitment?”

“I think we both know why,” he spat through gritted teeth.

“We’re not our parents. It won’t be the same, I promise.”

If only our relationship wasn’t so broken.

“Haz,” he sighed, slumping his shoulders, “I love you, but I...I just can’t. We’ve attempted to make this work. You and I have been trying to find this light, but we’ve been searching for to long. We’re not going to be able to find it. I can’t get my heart broken, and this is to big of a risk for me to take.”

“Boobear, we can take the risk together,” I pleaded.

“I can’t afford love right now. It always crashes into the sea, and I don’t want to be on board when it does,” he sniffled.

He turned to leave, walking out the door and leaving my heart stranded.

The final cannonballs spewed from my mouth.

“You’re so afraid of someone walking out on you, but look what you’re doing right now,” I sneered, “You’re just like your dad.”

Louis stopped abruptly by the front door, body rigid.

“I’m nothing like him,” he whispered, slamming the door shut behind him.

My Boobear was gone. I willed by body to run after him, but my legs wobbled beneath me. I couldn’t bear my own weight any longer. I collapsed on the couch, staring blankly at my hands. Tears continued to rush from my eyes, but I couldn’t find a reason to wipe them away.

Louis and I have had a rocky relationship from the start. It was a roller coaster of ups and downs. I loved that boy with every fiber of my being, but Louis couldn’t muster enough courage to return the passion. His walls were built high, cement and iron. Louis couldn’t let anyone into his world. Not even me.

It stemmed from his parents divorce when he was fourteen years old. He used to tell me  how he hadn’t slept a minute, hearing his mum and dad fight downstairs. Louis was young and innocent then.

He would think back to those restless days and recount, “In the past I thought love was infinite, but I learned the hard way that that’s never the case.”

Louis had come home one day to see his mother in hysteria. Her tears were a never ending waterfall and her sobs echoed throughout the entire house. His dad had left them. Louis was fatherless, and was left with a broken mother to repair.

Young Louis soon discovered that his mother would be forever inconsolable. She was tortured by her own shattered heart. No matter how many times Louis tried to sooth her or comfort her, she remained unchanged. Days turned to months, months to years. His mother kept a stone face and rarely spoke. The shouts and insults heard from Louis’ bedroom were replaced with the small sobs of his mother. In those moments, Louis vowed to never surrender his heart to anyone.