All You Ever (Songfic Challenge Harry Styles)

♪ All You Ever ♫

HARRY’S POV

    Clueless. The only word to describe me back then. I was an ignorant boy who had built a wall around his heart, but never realized it was there. She had given me chances, more than I deserved, but I always let her down. I thought that was who I was, that there was no excuse for my behavior. I believed I was born to be a fuck up, a waste of space.

    A memory. It haunts my mind, and seeps into my heart. I won’t go back to that dark place ever again, nothing can stop me from bettering myself now.

    The blood trickled and splattered on the floor. I remember being entranced by the sight, wondering if that was what really flowed through my veins. If Liam hadn’t found me, unconscious on the bathroom floor, I wouldn’t be alive to set things right. My guardian angel had given me a second chance at a life, and there was no room to fuck up this time.

    I had spent time at a rehabilitation center, improving my health and reevaluating my purpose in this world. I learned that everyone deserves to be on this earth, and that we all had something to contribute to it.

    I worked on my music. It let me express any pain or sorrow in a healthy way. In a sense, music gave me my freedom. Sometimes, I would stay up all night long writing my heart onto sheets of paper. I knew I had made plenty of mistakes in my life. I left the love of my life alone and heartbroken, and I was going to get her back.

    Erin. Just thinking about her brought a smile to my face. She was all I’ve ever wanted, but at the time I couldn’t give her what she deserved. I was introverted because I didn’t think that I was worth opening myself up to someone. Now that I’ve realized my own value, I can finally give her all she’s ever wanted. I just hope I’m not to late.

    I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at the apartment. Ya, this was her home. The same house I walked out of, but planned to walk back into. What was I going to say? How would she respond? I hoped and prayed she wouldn’t kick me out. I really should have thought this through more.

*Knock knock*

    First step, knock on the door. So far so good. Oh no, foot steps. I can’t do this. no no no no. Erin is going to hate me. I could hear the door unlocking with a *click* and the door knob turning. The door swung open and there she was, still as beautiful as ever. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she wore her cute panda one piece that I bought for her. That’s a good sign. Right?

“Harry?”

“Hey,” I smiled shyly.

“You came back?”

“Yes. Erin, I am so sorry for ever leaving you. I’m not the person that I used to be. I didn’t realize that I had the potential to be, well... alive until recently. I knew I had to get you back whatever the cost because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you let me?” I rambled.

“Harry, you never lost me to begin with,” she smiled with tears brimming in her eyes.

My grin must have been larger than the Chesire Cat’s. This had gone better than I had ever imagined!

“I do have one question though...”

“What is it?”

“I love that you’ve come back, but why did it have to be at 2:00 AM?” she yawned.

“I was just to anxious for this to wait any longer. I promise, I’ll be all you’ve ever wanted and more.”