2. trustworthy

It's currently past 2 am and I miss my gf (Lana)
warning : my awful grammar

10:00 am

"Estelle what is this ?" Lana said as she bursts into the room, holding her girlfriend's phone in one hand, the other resting on her hips.

Meanwhile Estelle is peacefully asleep because it's a Saturday morning. Lana got up earlier than she'd have wished to, indeed she would have loved to sleep a little more but she had to go to the studio early in the morning.

"Estelle this is driving me insane, wake up !" Lana half yelled, not wanting to traumatise her girlfriend, she did shake her shoulders though

Estelle abruptly opened her eyes, and took Lana's hand in hers. All confused and still asleep she innocently asked "What's up babe ?"

"Well check it by yourself huh" Lana said in a passive aggressive tone and roughly hands the phone to the flustered girl in front of her.

"Well good morning to you too." Estelle said, rising an eyebrow, and leaned toward the nightstand to grab her glasses because apparently the problem was on her phone.

Indeed Estelle's saw four missed calls from one of her ex, Jasmine. Her ex sent a picture of Estelle and her at a special event that Estelle completely forgot about. The text said : "I was scrolling through old pictures, I found this and it made me laugh. Take care xx"

After a few instant, Estelle realised how fucked up the situation was. She did lie to Lana about something, she said to her that she had blocked her ex and that they were no longer in contact anymore.

But a few weeks ago, she had to unblock her ex to ask her about whether or not she wanted her stuff back, to which she negatively responded.

"You can keep them Estelle. I know you love my grey sweater"

Estelle had the clothes her ex gave her.

Every since then, Jasmine has been sending a few messages here and there but Estelle never really responded, neither to the calls nor to the messages, feeling awkward and guilty to lie to her girlfriend.

The only reason she hasn't told Lana about the messages and the calls is that she was dealing with a lot of stress, she has had a lot going on professionally and so many performances to prepare. Estelle wanted to ease things up and thought it would be better if she didn't address the elephant in the room.

But in the end, Lana had accidentally seen the messages and the calls. She saw Estelle's phone ringing and got curious. But she most definitely froze when she saw 'Jasmine' written on the screen. However, she waited a whole hour before waking her girlfriend up, contemplating whether or not she should leave her, beg her to stay. Throw her stuff or yell at her ? Giving her the silence treatment ?

She was traumatised by so many previous relationships, that the feeling of catching her partner cheating wasn't even new to her. However she acted smart and confronted her girlfriend about it.

"So you're still in contact with her I see" Lana shakily asked trying to remain calm knowing that she could break down at any moment, imagining the worst case scenario.

Estelle exhaled "Lana listen to me okay"

Lana looked away, she even was about to cry as she remembered every single time her previous partners would say this exact sentence

However one thing different is that Estelle's tone was calm and completely assured, even confident. As if she knew what she was doing and how to bring up this topic without sending Lana into a huge self crisis