3. negotiations

Warnings : /

8:25 pm

Lana : Hi Babe. As you've finished work 25 minutes ago, you must be on your way home. Could you please stop at Ralphs to buy a watering can for my plants. I love you.

8:38 pm
Lana : Babe ??????? Where r u.

Lana : I'm starving. Could you please hurry up. It doesn't take that long. Does it.......

8:50 pm
Lana : I tried to call you 5 times already. I'm dead worried. If you don't answer before 9 pm -
I'm gonna call your boss.

9:00 pm
"So yes Estelle, 2 weeks in July would definitely work I think" a woman in her mid forties charmingly said

"And also-" but was suddenly cut off by the sound of a ringtone. The phone on her desk just next to her. "Who would call this number outside business hours ?" She groaned.

The woman still picked up the phone and didn't recognise the number. She thought about ignoring it but her intuition let her think that it could be important so she decided otherwise.

On the other side of the phone, was a nervous Lana but her voice was certain and assured
"Hello Ms. Avery, I'm sorry for calling at this hour. I'm Lana, Estelle's girlfriend. She isn't home yet so I'm concerned and I was wondering if you knew where she could be ?"

Ms Avery looked instantly at Estelle, kind of confused but kept on pretending that the situation was random. "Oh Hi. Yes Lana, she is with me right now, we were talking."

"Shit" Estelle mumbled, she looked at her watch and saw : 9:00 pm
She was so caught up in the conversation she was having with her boss that she lost track of time. She immediately grabbed her phone and deactivated "Do Not Disturb" only to see the amount of missed calls and messages she received from Lana.

Estelle raised her head up to her boss again, that's when Ms. Avery hung up and said "You should get going. It's late and your girlfriend really is worried."

Knowing that Lana was worried and probably mad too didn't put Estelle at ease.
So she quickly gathered her belongings and stood up from the wooden chair she was sitting on during the whole hour
"Bye Ms. Avery, have a nice weekend" she rapidly said.
Before her boss could answer, she was already out.

When she got to her car she quickly turned on her phone and clicked on Lana's contact. The phone rang, once... twice... three times ....

Estelle really thought Lana was never going to pick up and it wouldn't even surprise her. She knew her girlfriend so well. Lana loved to ignore her whenever she unwittingly made her upset.

Suddenly the ringing had stopped. Lana picked up and Estelle thought about how Lana loves playing hard to get.

Indeed Lana was probably waiting for that phone call, she just didn't pick up instantly to let her girlfriend know how annoyed she was.

"Estelle." Lana said in a cold tone which sent shivers down her girlfriend's spine who was not used to hearing her name coming from Lana's mouth (outside of their bedroom activities)

"Babe. I'm sorry I just read your messages as I got in the car. I'll go buy a watering can for your plants promise" Estelle said, in a rush

"m'kay. Please order takeout." Lana continued

"Haven't you eaten yet ?" Estelle questioned, clearly surprised considering how late it was and that Lana was normally always eating around 8 pm.

"I was waiting for you. As always. I'm tired of always waiting for you when you don't even bother tell me that you'll be late or text me back." Lana harshly said