Announcement | PLEASE READ!

Hello everybody! This is very important, please please read this!

There are a few things I would like to talk about.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for not updating when I said I would, I've been struggling a lot over the past few months, especially with my mental health; so I wanted to focus on getting a little bit better before trying to update anything on here.

I have decided to discontinue this story, however I will be publishing a new story, with the same idea. It will still be Zianourry, but Louis centric instead of Harry centric. There will still be the same idea of Louis being missing for along period of time after the One Direction hiatus, but this time for 10 years instead of 5 years. He goes missing in 2014, so the story will take place in 2024. I will explain a little bit more about the timeline and events when I publish the introduction but that is just the basis.

If you have any questions about the new story, please do not be afraid to comment and ask, I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

The reason for me discontinuing this story is that I've lost track of how I wanted this story to continue, mainly because I got the idea of the new story I explained in short above.

I've got this mental health issue called "maladaptive daydreaming." It's basically where the person (in this case, me) spends an excessive amount of time daydreaming, and usually gets stuck inside their thoughts and imagination. It's typically a coping mechanism for people with anxiety or to fill a void of loneliness or to cope with trauma. 

Here's something I found on the internet about maladaptive daydreaming if you want to read more. (If you don't, skip to where this symbol is shown ~~~~)

Sometimes known as daydreaming disorder, maladaptive daydreaming describes a condition where a person regularly experiences daydreams that are intense and highly distracting — so distracting, in fact, that the person may stop engaging with the task or people in front of them. These daydreams may be triggered by real-life events or stimuli, such as a noise, smell, conversation topic, or movie.

Maladaptive dreamers may dissociate from reality to absorb themselves completely in their daydream and may unknowingly act out the behaviour or speak dialogue for the characters in their daydream. The content of the daydreams is richly detailed and fantastical. Some have been described as a soap opera, while others feature an idealised version of the daydreamer.

Maladaptive daydreamers may spend 4.5 hours of their day distracted by their daydreams. They may become so absorbed with their inner world that it becomes harder to ground themselves in reality. Due to the all-consuming, immersive nature of their daydreams, people may end up neglecting their relationships and responsibilities in the real world, causing them emotional distress. Unfortunately, despite the strong desire to daydream, people generally feel worse emotionally after doing so.

Due to the nature of the symptoms, maladaptive daydreaming can be confused with schizophrenia; however, these conditions are very different. Most notably, individuals who experience maladaptive daydreaming know that their daydreams are not real, while those with disorders like schizophrenia have difficulty distinguishing reality from fantasy.

Symptoms of maladaptive daydreaming may include:

Intense, vivid daydreams that present as a story, with characters, settings, and plotlinesDaydreams that are triggered by real-world events or sensory stimuliUnconscious facial expressions, repetitive body movements, or talking or whispering that accompany daydreamsDaydreams that last for several minutes to hoursA strong or addictive desire to keep daydreamingTrouble focusing and completing daily tasks due to daydreamsTrouble sleeping

~~~~

This is mainly where I get my ideas for my books, and was the basis for this book.

However, recently I have forgotten what happens in this daydream as I haven't daydreamed about it in a few months, and I have started a new one that I think is more exciting and interesting. It also has more of a backstory, and not a "make it up as you go" kind of feeling.

The book will still be called "Hide Away", (it may change in the future) however the cover will be different and will be Louis centric. (If you don't like a Louis centric books, my apologies).

The book will contain triggers from multiple mental illnesses (e.g. moderate to extreme depression, anxiety, OCD, small amounts of schizophrenia, and a few more I can't think of off the top of my mind at the moment). There will also be triggers from sexual assault, abuse, and lots of violence. If any of these things tigger you, please be aware when you are reading or don't read the book at all. I will try to put trigger warnings at the top of each chapter, but don't blame me if I forget, which might be likely.

I will try to post the introduction as soon as I can, I think I'll have a bit more time on my hands to write and I also have the idea fresh in my mind.

I also just wanted to say how if you are struggling, don't be afraid to reach out for help. I know it may not seem like the safest or the best option, but in the end, it usually helps. Of course, I don't know your situation, and sometimes it really is not the best option to get help. Please just take care of yourselves and remember that there are people that love you and care about you, you may just not realise it at the moment.

This is a safe space for everybody and I will leave this book on my account for anyone who still wants to read the pitiful one and a half chapters that I managed to post. It will also be a space where people can go to rant about something that's going on in your life that you may not want to tell somebody you know; I understand this feeling so don't be embarrassed in any way of wanting a different way of talking to someone.

Once again, I deeply apologise for discontinuing this book and I hope to get the introduction of the new book up soon! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!