future talk

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ thirteen / -future talk

1976

THE GROUP AGREED THAT THEY

will meet up at the three broomsticks at exactly eleven thirty in the morning and yet it is eleven forty-seven and the girls are nowhere near the outside window.

"Why are they taking so long?" James complained, burying his face in his hands while Sirius did the same. Meanwhile Peter and Remus looked at them with questionable expressions.

"It's normal for them" Remus stated, resting his arms on the table. "Yeah it's basically a requirement from their habitat" Peter joked.

"Hello" Victoria smiled cheekily, pinching Remus' cheek. The two other girls did the same thing to Sirius and James before sitting down.

"That's it, no 'sorry we're late?' hmm?" Sirius hummed to Marlene while she just rolled her eyes at him. "When did I receive that from you?" Marlene retorted, crossing her arms.

"Do you guys all want butterbeer?" Victoria questioned, standing up. The six of them nodded at the same time, once Victoria saw them she walked towards the counter and told the man who's behind the counter their order.

In the corner of her eye, she saw Amos with a date with a Ravenclaw girl, an asian one whom she isn't familiar with.
She felt a sense of relief came out of her body knowing that Amos was already moving on from her rejection.

After a few minutes, their drinks have arrived. A young lad, blond, thin and tall was serving them their drinks. Since Victoria was at the end of the table, he set the drinks in front of her, with a little note facing her.

You look gorgeous by the way

It wrote.

Victoria was touched by this, knowing herself that she was insecure, she's in need of validation sometimes so she appreciated the note. On the other hand, Remus was not happy when his eyes laid on the note as he was passing his friends their drinks.

He's jaw clenched in jealousy followed by a frown when he saw that Victoria was looking at it. He studied her face if she was showing some kind of reaction. Her face didn't, but her eyes did.

Victoria was startled when Remus crumbled the paper and then kissed her, knowing her, she kissed back.

Remus' sudden action left their friends in shock, with Sirius and James holding onto each other as their mouths were open wide.

Victoria pulled away then tucked her hair behind her ear but immediately putting it back when she felt heat crepting on her face. Remus looked at her lips then her eyes, tempted to kiss her again but held himself back since they are at a public place with a bunch of conservative folks.

"That just happened" Lily spoke in utter shock. "I cannot believe I witnessed your first kiss with each other!" Marlene shrieked. "Oh trust me, it wasn't the first time" Remus smirked earning a nudge from Victoria.

A day goes by and the seven of them were relaxing themselves on their usual spot, the boys dormitory. Half of the day they spent asking about the story between Remus and Victoria while James complained about why they didn't ask about him and Lily when they got together.

"Well you gave us the information we needed for the past six years" Sirius joked followed by Peter's laugh.

"What are you guys going to be when you graduate?" Marlene questioned out of the blue with Sirius' arm around her.

The rest of them answered 'auror' except for Victoria. "What about you?" Remus asked her, gliding his thumb on her arm. "A doctor" Victoria answered.

"Like a healer?" Peter asked.

"No" Victoria shook her head before adding. "-like a muggle doctor"

Her answer confused her friends, especially Sirius as he was not exposed to muggle things growing up. "So you're giving magic up?" He questioned.

"Nope" Victoria smiled, fixing her position. "I just want to try that kind of life, not interested to use my wand all the time" She laughed. "I use my wand all the time" James said with a goofy smile.

"And we know that, James" Remus stated earning laughs from his friends.

"How many kids do you want to have?" Peter questioned curiously. "I want to have ten" James answered confidently.

"Hell no" Lily exclaimed with a frown. "You know how painful giving birth is" She added looking at him with disbelief.

"How about you moony and tiger?" Peter asked, turning everybody's attention to the couple. "Ermm" Victoria expressed. She knew that she wants to spend a life with Remus, she's just wasn't sure if he wants to have kids or not, given by his condition. "No" She answered which had Marlene taken back since Victoria always talked about having a child when she grows up, a daughter specifically.

"You don't?" Remus asked her, his eyes glistening. "If you want, sure" Victoria smiled at him.

"If anyone's interested I want to have twenty" Sirius blurted out as he rubs Marlene's belly which resulted in his hand getting slapped away. Though she couldn't help but blush.