Chapter 8-Out of all the romance

Spencer 

"Hey Spence." Ryan waves from a distance.

"Hi. You wanna grab lunch?'' I ask, hoping it'll distract me from the events of the previous night.

"Yeah sure thing. Let's go to the cafeteria.'' He says. "You seem off?" Ryan adds.

"Okay so something happened that night..at the frat.'' I hesitate not sure how to explain the events that took place.

"Something between you and?'' He leans.

"Ivy man.'' I sigh.

"No shit. Did you guys-

"No...no not that kind of stuff.'' I say and tell him everything that happened.

"Damn that's crazy. Where was Jason?" He asks.

"No idea. When I found her, she was alone in washroom...throwing up.''

"Typical Jason" He scoffs .

"What do you mean?"

"Look Jason's dating life is pretty public. He goes around to strip clubs and stuff and some say that he's even cheated but yeah...''

 "I'm telling you man don't get too close to Ivy. She'll break your heart." Ryan adds. His warning echoed in my ears, but I couldn't help feeling drawn to Ivy despite the chaos that seemed to surround her.

"Every heartbreaker was once heartbroken. I mean everyone needs that one person who can make them forget that their heart was broken. Maybe I can be the person....maybe.''

"You always see the good in people.'' He sighs. ''I know I've witnessed the aftermath of shattered hearts and broken promises...I mean look at my parents. But still amidst the uncertainty there's a flicker of hope.''

"Your optimism is a double edged sword.'' he chuckles. 

"Say what you want. Anyways I have a class..I'm gonna head out.''