christmas letters

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ sixteen / -christmas letters

1976

VICTORIA ENTERED THE DOORS OF

the Greengrass manor, facing a dark and empty hallway. It was quiet but it was not peace. Her face lit up when she saw one of the elves. "Hi Minnie" Victoria greeted the elf, which shocked the elf.

"Ms.Victoria!" Minnie exclaimed cheerfully, approaching her leg with a hug. "How many times do I have to tell you, Minnie, call me Vicky or Victoria" Victoria giggled at the elf.

"You! back to work" An annoying voice spoke, it was her brother, Cyrus. Victoria looked behind her and revealed her brother with a bag beside him. "Yes Mr.Cyrus" Minnie obeyed, pulling away from Victoria with her head down.

"Give her a break" Victoria glared at him which he responded with a scoff followed by a silent 'no'.

"Children" A female voice spoke, it was their mother. Victoria didn't budge to even look at her which made Cyrus nudge her.

"Hello mother" Victoria greeted with a fake smile on her face. "Get your bags up to your room, we have some important news to tell you" Their father ordered which they obeyed.

Victoria faced the door of her room, feeling the immediate ptsd by just looking at it. She looked at the door handle and entered the room.

"Long time no see" Victoria sighed, dropping her stuff on the floor. Her room doesn't look like Lily's room or Marlene's. It looked like an ancient room that was built back in the 1800s though its true but she would rather have a room that she can express herself with.

She looked around her room and studied it. Nothing's change.

Even though her parents are abusive, they never really snooped around her room or touch anything voluntarily.

Victoria walked towards her vanity and pulled one of the drawers. The blade that she used to cut herself with was still there, stained with blood.

Victoria laughed at herself.

Victoria spent two hours reading the book, Little Women by Luisa May Alcott that she and Remus bought during their Hogsmeade visit. "Victoria dinner!" Her mother called which made Victoria's eyes roll.

She shut the door behind her and met eyes with her brother which she ignored and went ahead.

Victoria looked at the food and it made her sick by just looking at it. "Sit" Her father spoke.

The family started eating in silence, their forks hitting the plates from time to time.

"So I have something to announce" Her mother said, putting her hands on her lap before clearing her throat. "You two may have heard about the dark lord back in Hogwarts"

"He will be joining us for Christmas, along with the Malfoy's and Black's" Her mother added which made Victoria drop her fork in shock and anger.

"You have something to say?" Her father snapped his head furriously towards her. "Nothing, just astonished and greatful for the news" Victoria said sarcastically.