The Discovery🔎

The gravestones stood silently, row upon row, like soldiers long forgotten. I stood there in remembering the life I had with my wonderful parents, now far from me, the day was calling upon dusk to takeover, and an exasperating voice echoed within me, for me to return to the only place I had left to go to, a trivial cottage.

As I walked towards it, recollecting the reasons I still live today, taking a huge sigh and realized that I had no reason to live till today. Then suddenly a peculiar thought arose my mind, a thought to which's answer I'd always been reaching, of the door, that lay so dusty and cold, who knows what hides in the shadows behind the door.

'I've always had thought of opening it, but I never could find the key to the door of it', I thought as I opened the door to my trivial cottage.

I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, when I noticed a book lying on the corner of the cupboard where I kept my pans. It was quite strange as I'd never noticed it before, it was like someone left it there. I went to it and saw that the book was very dusty, so I cleaned it with a cloth just to find out that the book had no title. I gave the absence of title little thought and proceeded on with opening the book. Within it, I found was a small, old key and the pages were blank. As I was examining the carvings on the key, I noticed a door, like that of the one which I had been longing to open ever since I found its presence.

Without a second thought I went up to the door and frantically put the key inside it and twisted it. To my astonished the door opened, leading to a dark and cold room, the Garret. All my expectations of finding my parents or a magical world of anthropomorphic creatures was replaced by a cold shiver down my spine as I entered the dark dust filled room.

Within the Garret, all that I found was a large old box. I was wondering what would be in it, but also why was this the only thing in this room, and why was it locked away...from me.