back from the holidays

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ seventeen / -back from the holidays

1976

CYRUS AND VICTORIA RECEIEVED

quite a bit of stares from...everyone at the train. A few whispers were heard.

'Looked like they finally got along'

'I thought they hated each other?'

A lot of them were positive comments few were negative but honestly, they don't really care about other people's opinions. Is it not normal for siblings to not make up after their fight?

"Anything from the trolley dear?" An elderly woman asked as she stopped pushing the trolley filled with sweets and pasties.

"One pumpkin pasties please" Cyrus replied to the woman's question before turning his attention to Victoria. "How about you?" He asked. "I'm fine" Victoria smiled at him. "You need to eat, Vicky" Cyrus stated, earning a frown from Victoria. "I said I'm fine Cyrus, stop pushing it"

Cyrus pursed his lips together as he pay for his food. "You know we're not poor, right?" Cyrus said to his sister as he took a bite. "You know I've been struggling with my body image, right?" Victoria mocked.

The seven hour ride to Hogwarts was rather interesting. Now with her brother, Victoria got to know him much more better than she expected. He was actually fun to be around that she thought. He even got another Slytherin to sit with them.

"Evan this is my twin, Victoria. Victoria this is my friend, Evan"

"Hello, I'm Evan Rosier" A boy smiled at her. "I'm Victoria Greengrass, nice to meet you" Victoria smiled back.

Victoria observed the slytherin boy infront of her. He was tall, fair skinned and has fierce kind of blue eyes that would sometimes darken.

"I heard you're currently dating one of the marauders?" Evan asked. "Yeah, but I don't really know our situation right now, during the fifteen days of break, he hasn't written me a letter... I think he doesn't fancy me anymore" Victoria answered.

Victoria felt stupid, all he wanted was a yes or no. Victoria felt like she needed to work on her over sharing.

"I'm sorry for that" Evan said empathetically. "No it's fine, I'm sorry I was just babbling" Victoria chuckled, heat crepting her cheeks in embarrassment.

Finally, they have arrived at Hogwarts.
The twins bid their goodbye to each other since they are from different houses. Victoria and Evan did the same thing to each other.

______

Once Victoria arrived at the Gryffindor common room, seven familiar faces appeared. Feeling a glimpse of happiness enter her body. "Oh Victoria!" Lily expressed, engulfing her friend into a hug. Due to her father's beatings, her rib cage got badly bruised and so did her arms.

Due to Lily's body close to her, Victoria hissed in pain as Lily's stomach clashed in to her. Lily noticed her and immediately pulled away which alarmed her friends. "What is it, are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

Remus' eyes widened and rushed to her. "Oh don't look at me like you care for me" Victoria rolled her eyes at her so called 'boyfriend'.

Remus was taken back by her words and so did the rest of her friends. "What do you mean?" He asked utterly confused. "Don't be a daft, you didn't write to me the whole time!" Victoria said to Remus furiously.

"What do you mean he didn't write to you?" James chimed in. "He almost got hypothermia for going to the owlery almost everyday!"

"Oh you're just defending him cause he's your friend" She argued.

"He actually did write to you, Victoria" Mary spoke up, earning a 'yes he really did' from everyone.

"Then-" Victoria started. "Why haven't I received any of them?"

"You're parents kept your letters" Sirius stated which made Victoria looked at him weirdly. "And how would you know that?"

"Because they're them Victoria"

"I'm sorry if I snapped at you like that" She apologised to Remus which he accepted and gave her a peck.

The eight of them all went up the stairs to the boys dormitory. "Speaking of my parents"

"Cyrus and I moved out" Victoria announced to her friends with a grin. "Hold on, so you two are okay now?" Mary questioned, Victoria nodded.

"Spill" Sirius demanded, his arms crossed and his ears ready to hear her explanation.

Victoria started explaining her fifteen day stay at the hell-hole they call 'home'. Spilling the details of her beating, earning concerned looks from her friends and a comforting back hug from Remus. Which is quite funny to her since as she was telling them about her horrible holiday, she would laugh between her words.

"-I wouldn't say that it was a bad holiday, Cyrus and I have a place of our own now" Victoria let out a chuckle.

______

Remus and Victoria laid in Remus's bed, embracing each other in silence. Their friends currently at a party.

Victoria has a white t shirt on, while Remus wore the same thing. They were twinning with their red plaid pajamas.

Suddenly, Victoria got half of her body up to look at Remus. Admiring him.

"You're so pretty" Victoria complemented, smiling at him. "You're prettier" Remus replied, caressing her face.

Victoria focused looking at the scars on Remus' face. "I love your scars" Victoria breath out, tracing Remus' scars with her finger. Remus held her arm back tightly as a joke but then Victoria gritted her teeth in pain.

"What?" Remus asked, looking at her worriedly. Then he felt blood dripping on his hand. He gazed at her lower arm, revealing loads of bloody lines.

His mouth slightly drop in shock. Victoria dropped her head down in embarrassment. This was the last thing Remus should be worrying about.

Remus felt a tear run down his cheek, he failed to notice her do this even though they were together almost everyday and was separated for only fifteen days.

"I'm sorry" Victoria's voice cracked as she spoke. Remus carefully embraced her into a comforting hug, sobbing quietly.

"No no no no" Victoria hushed him while touching his hair. "It's not your fault, I wear long-sleeves for this exact reason, there's no way you could have known"

Victoria said absentmindedly showing that she can see right through him.