chapter 28

Chapter 28

"what are you doing here" he mumbled, looking clearly irritated by the sudden interruption . There was no doubt in my mind that this was his brother , the one I had seen when I made that research the other day. I grew self conscious , I was clad in a towel that just went a little pass my mid thighs, not to mention that Mark's arms were still wrapped around my thighs possessively" I knew the sort of image we represent, but it was as though I had a choice in the matter "I didn't mean to interrupt your little fun but I've got something urgent" He stared from me to Mark quickly , he didn't even look the least surprised to see me "This is important, I need to speak to you brother... alone" he added sparing another glance at me. There was something dark and brooding about him, he was just as tall, well built and equally gave off that dangerous vibes as Mark . It was his eyes , they were a pair of emerald green, they were completely blank and devoid of life . He gaze lingered on me briefly and I unwillingly felt a shudder ran through me. He doesn't like me , I just knew it. He must also have a vengeance against me. Just like Mark Mark accompanied him, as they walked out of the room, locking the door behind him , leaving me alone . I tried twice on the door but he'd locked me in, my shoulders slumped, it wasn't like I could go anywhere anyway . Not with the threat of death he made on my family. I slowly took a survey round the large modern room, my eyes caught on a telephone resting on the bedside table , I stared at it for a moment before heading towards it. I couldn't call the police...I couldn't Rick it...not with the confident way he'd dare me to, but he didn't say that I couldn't call my family . I held my breath as I began to make a call on our telephone line, it was answered on the second ring "Hello?" Jenifer's voice sounded, I closed my eyes briefly . "Hello?" She voiced out again "It's me" I whispered "A...Anna?" She asked sounding surprised "Yes Jenifer , I..." " Why are you calling? Do you want to get us all in trouble?" She snapped seeming angry and fearful " No but...why are you sounding like that? I barely manage to call you and ..." " Well you shouldn't have call" she bit out I felt a heavy pang in my chest at her words . " Can I speak to m...mom and dad " No, they don't want to speak to you , don't bother calling us up again " "Jenifer.." The call ended before I could utter another word , why were the doing this to me , I was still their daughter . Did I think they at least love me, had it all been a lie? Why didn't they tell me they weren't my real parents , my dad was actually my uncle It was a bittered truth I still couldn't swallow down. I had also mention Mark once to mum, why didn't he say anything, they also knew he was going to take me ...why did they act like that day wasn't going to come ? They didn't try to help me last night ... They just watched as he took me away , they must have been under threat, but shouldn't they have at least tried ? Was I really that unimportant to their eyes ? They gave me up too easily . They was a burning ache in my chest threatening to choke me "They don't give two shit about you" Mark had said the other night he spent at my house , I've never felt more betrayed in my entire life . And it hurt so much.... Even more than what Mark had done to me all this year's . The telephone sloped from my fingers slowly , I curled myself in a tight ball, my knees pressed against my chin The door pushed open and I jolted to a sitting position , had it been five minutes since he'd left? His gaze lingered on mine as he approach slowly " Have you been crying ?" "Do I have a reason not to ?" I wanted to reply but decided against it, anything could tick him off and I totally don't want a repeat of last night , it stills hurt like hell down there " Get dressed," he said a moment later a few clothes were thrown to the bed. I recognize them instantly as mine , does it mean that... " You went to my house?" I stated my heart rate speeding up fear "Only to get these" he replied with a light shrugged sounding casual about it My fingers unconsciously play with the helm of my towel "I won't hurt them , at least until you do as you are told , I'll have no choice than to hurt them... now get dressed " His unflinching gaze was unnerving , I slowly began to make my way to the bathroom when his voice stoped me " Where are you going? You will change right here...in front of me " his dead serious tone didn't leave room for arguments I swallowed hard and lowered my gaze from his piercing ones.... I allowed the towel to fall to the floor, I felt he burning gaze on me all the while , I got dressed as quickly as I could, when I looked up , sure enough he was still staring at me. His gaze flickered with some unknown emotions but couldn't figure out what was it until he looked away . " Let's go" he said taking a gripped of my hand and walking us out the door . I thought we were going somewhere outside but he led us into a beautiful dinning room.... "You must be hungry, I'll get you breakfast" "I'm not hungry " I murmured out, I don't think I could manage a bit of anything, my stomach was tight and I had no appetite , with everything that has happened, does he really want me to sit down and pretend everything was alright? " I wasn't asking what you want bunny" he stated then began to walk towards where I assumed was the kitchen . "W...when am I g... going to leave ?" I voiced out holding my breath , he pause mid way but didn't turn around to face me "We've already been through this and I won't repeat it, you aren't going to leave"