11

Amena slid her phone over to Cyfrin so he could see the texts Emma had been sending her all morning.

"Do you want to go?" Cyfrin asked.

Amena shrugged. "I am a little curious."

Emma and Xavier were going to Barcada, the nightclub that Xavier and Cyfrin owned, and Emma had invited her.

Apparently they had their own little private area so they didn't even have to venture into the main part.

Cyfrin's frown didn't change. "I think it could be fun. I'd love for you to see the place."

"But?"

He leaned closer. "I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything because I want you to."

Cyfrin's ability to read her always surprised her. He was right. He had spent every night doting and caring for her, not once had he taken a night to go hang out with Xavier or James. He never even went out for work past normal hours.

But this was about more than that. She had been trying a lot of new things lately, and she wanted to see the club.

"I know you would never make me do anything," she responded softly.

Cyfrin cupped her cheeks, giving her a nod. "Okay, beautiful." He added the last part gently, his lips quirking up into the cutest smile.

Emma insisted on coming over beforehand because apparently she had the perfect dress for her.

It wasn't long before it was the evening, and Amena was sitting on the bed, watching Emma do her makeup expertly.

"Are you sure you don't want me to do yours?" Emma asked, outlining the top of her eyelids with a pencil.

"I'm okay," Amena said. Emma had already helped with her hair. She had a heatless curl set with pieces she had twisted into Amena's hair that had to stay in place for a certain amount of time.

Amena felt ridiculous with the temporary updo, but she was trying to trust the process. Besides, Emma had done the exact same thing to her own hair.

Emma put some of her makeup back in her bag, cleaning up the little mess.

"This dress I brought for you is perfect," she said. "Don't you think so?"

It was really nice. It was a soft black dress that still fell modestly just above her knees. It was a little more fitted than what she normally went for. It had a square neckline and sheer long sleeves.

It was fun to dress up for a change, but she was still very nervous.

"It is," Amena agreed. "Thank you."

Emma removed the curlers from their hair, setting it with lots of hairspray and then she deemed them ready to go.

Cyfrin was waiting for her in the kitchen. He looked up from his phone. His eyes went straight to her.

"Xavier is waiting for you in the car," Cyfrin told Emma who nodded.

"Okay," Emma smiled. "We'll see you guys there."

Cyfrin stepped closer to Amena who already felt the heat of having his undivided attention.

"Wow," he said. He took her hand turning her in a circle. "Look at you."

"Is it too much?" Amena whispered. She was so close to him, having to tilt her neck to look up at him. There was something so much more intimate in the way he was looking at her.

"No. You look amazing," Cyfrin said. "You always look amazing."

He took her hand, lacing their fingers together. "Ready to go?"

She nodded.

---

The club was loud and kind of dark. Amena stayed glued to Cyfrin's side. Everyone knew who Cyfrin and Xavier were, and it was kind of overwhelming.

They did have their own private lounge, and the music was connected to the room and loud enough that the walls seemed to vibrate.

Cyfrin's hand skimmed Amena's back, gaining her attention that seemed to be scattered. He drew her in close.

"Xavier is going to go down to the bar to get some drinks. Do you want anything?"

He had to lean down close to speak, his face dangerously close to hers. She was captivated by him. He was so handsome.

Cyfrin's lips quirked up.

"I'm not sure," Amena said.

"Okay," he said. "Will them drinking bother you?"

"No," she admitted honestly. "I want to drink, too."

Cyfrin nodded. "I'll get a few different things for you to try."