12

Amena did not know how to dance. Neither did Emma, but Emma was way more drunk and was more determined to try.

James had joined their group after a while. The three boys were paying them no attention, at least that's what Amena had thought at first. Now, every time she had looked over, Cyfrin was staring right at her.

Amena had tried a few different drinks. Some of them were absolutely disgusting and very alcoholic, but there were a few fruity ones that tasted more like sugar than anything else.

Even with only drinking two full drinks, Amena felt lighter. Everything seemed funny and bright, and she was having fun.

Emma twirled, singing along to the song that was playing.

Amena gave a soft laugh. Emma's energy was contagious.

"I am hungry," Emma said. "Xav!"

Xavier looked up from the conversation he was having.

"Can we get some snacks please?"

Xavier gestured her over, leaving Amena standing alone.

Cyfrin took Emma's place. He pulled Amena close.

"I love seeing you smile, Amena," he said sincerely. Cyfrin had not touched a drink tonight.

"I like when you smile," she repeated. The words tumbled out of her mouth uncontrollably. "I've been waiting for you to kiss me."

Cyfrin dipped his head down, their noses brushing. "Is that so?"

She nodded, her eyes fluttered. He pressed his lips to her cheek instead.

"I'm not going to kiss you for the first time in a nightclub while you are drunk," he said, giving her a little space. "but I will happily kiss you any other time. All you have to do is ask, baby."

Cyfrin took her hand, giving her a slow twirl which made her laugh as the whole world seemed to spin.

"You've been learning some moves from Emma," he said. "Show me."

She shook her head no.

"What?" Cyfrin's smile widened as he continued to tease her. "I've literally been watching you the whole night. You can't get shy on me now."

She shook her head no again, unable to control the second spill of laughter as he reached for her.

"Cyfrin," James called. "These two are grossing me the fuck out."

Emma was on Xavier's lap, her hands tangled in his hair. They were totally oblivious.

Amena felt the blush from their blatant display of affection.

"James gets grumpy when he gets drunk," Cyfrin whispered quietly. "We should probably get them home."

Amena nodded.

"You better get over it, bud. You're sitting in the backseat with them," Cyfrin said, picking up his jacket from the back of the couch. He helped Amena put it on. It swallowed her, and she was already quite warm, but she didn't argue.

"And watch your mouth," Cyfrin grumbled.

Cyfrin looped his arm with hers. She appreciated the support, already taking a few stumbles as she walked. Whatever she had drank was leaving her system, and a dull headache was beginning to form.

Cyfrin helped her into his car along with everyone else, and they went back home. He had decided it was easier for everyone to just spend the night so he could take them back to their cars in the morning.

Amena went up to her bedroom, managing to wash her face and brush her teeth before her energy disappeared entirely for the night.

Cyfrin knocked on her door. He had water and a bottle of pills.

"All set?" he asked, setting the things next to her on the nightstand. He sat next to her on the edge of the bed.

"Tonight was fun," she said.

"It was," he agreed. "Take some painkillers for your headache, okay? Try to get some sleep."

He leaned forward, kissing her cheek just like he had done earlier. He adjusted the blankets higher around her shoulders. She was almost immediately asleep.