Pretty Women

It wasn't until a couple days after, that you would soon see Ciel Phantomhive and his devil butler, Sebastian. Even though, it would be under strange circumstances.

It was the day after Jack the Ripper struck again, this time murdering a prostitute by the name of Annie.

You and the Undertaker had the wonderful privilege of preparing her body. Though, this woman would not be having a funeral, as she had no one to claim her. She would be dug into the ground in silence. Still, you had been there to bring her flowers as the Undertaker lowered her into her grave.

You were sure Annie was a lovely woman, and you began hoping more and more that the lord earl would soon catch Jack the Ripper and deliver justice as he vowed to do in the name of the Queen the last time you saw him.

The worry of him being unable to catch the murderer grew and distracted you in the past days. This day was particularly worse, considering you had to say goodbye to the poor human, Annie, who you had come to love, as you vowed to do for humans who had no one else to do so.

That night, after you and the Undertaker went to bed, you found yourself unable to sleep.

Was it because angels and demons simply don't need to sleep? Probably.

Did you want to sleep anyway? Yes, but it was proven difficult at the moment.

Because of this, you tossed and turned in your closed coffin. (You had yet to get a bed, but you didn't wish to sleep in the same bed as the Undertaker. You knew you would cause a ruckus with your inability to sleep willingly.)

Huffing, you quietly opened the coffin. Leaving your room, you tiptoed into the Undertaker's bedroom. You tried desperately not to step onto any loose floorboards.

Reaching his bed, you gently poked his back, as he was faced away from you.

He woke up easily, with him groggily turning to look at you and ask, "What is it, angel?"

You tugged at the bottom of your pajama shirt as you told him, "I can't sleep. I'm going to go on a walk."

He let out a low hum and turned back around.

"Alright. Take a coat and the sword. Be safe," he yawned. "Don't die, will you?"

You flopped onto his bed, to which he groaned, and gave him a hug over his sheets.

"Okay, I won't. I'll be back before sunrise. Goodnight."

Hopping off the bed, you swiftly left the room, now knowing what parts of the floor to step on as to not make noise.

You put on a coat as you were told, though you didn't bother putting on shoes, and headed towards the coffin.

You opened it delicately and grabbed the sword out of the dead Ciel's hands, putting his hands back in the same position afterwards.

You momentarily stared at the dead boy.

He looked peaceful.

You hoped he felt peaceful.

"Sorry for waking you," you started. "But I'm going to need this. Goodnight, Ciel."

And you closed the coffin, and you were off.

The night was nice and cool outside. There were no passersby or the sound of distanct carriages.

The stars were small and shined little. This was alright, as you had plenty of light to see thanks to the street lamps and moon.

Nights were never something you could enjoy in Heaven. It was only ever day up there. It was only ever sunny.

But since coming to the human realm, you liked looking at the moon and the stars. They were a wonder. It was sad that humans were never often awake to see them throughout the night.