The Start, Again

The funeral for Madame Red took place exactly four days after the events with Jack the Ripper.

The Undertaker and yourself, of course, did not get the privilege of attending the indoor funeral. It was simply not your place to attend.

Besides that, the only thing you were wearing was the white tunic the Undertaker found you in. You looked exactly like how the Undertaker found you. Except for, well, the fact that you were clean now.

Really, the reason for this, for why you wore it, was simply because you forgot to wash your clothes, which were limited in number. The reason for that, for having such little clothes, is because the Undertaker is a rather petty man himself. You see, the Undertaker has established his disdain for the Queen, but you had not realized this disdain stretched out to the very money that had the Queen's face on it. Despite him being one of the Aristocrats of Evil, though you had yet to know about that, he quite literally wanted nothing to do with her, including her coins.

Because of this, the Undertaker does not make many purchases.

When he does happen to buy something, it's never a lot. He isn't the type of man to spoil himself, or you for that matter. This doesn't inherently mean the Undertaker is lacking. He actually makes quite a bit of cash as an undertaker (in the "normal world", that is).

He simply buys what he needs, and that's it.

The Undertaker only has three pairs of clothing, which are his pajamas and well known black robe, and his basic clothing (which consist of the clothes under the robe) and that's it. The man doesn't have much, and he is well okay with that.

And you? You were well okay with that as well. To be truthful, there were times, before you met the Undertaker, where you'd wear nothing at all. This is because angels find clothing rather useless, and in fact do not have clothes at all. An angel can wish to wear a tunic that simply drapes off their body like a blanket or wear nothing at all. Of course, this does not mean all angels don't wear clothes. It is only that it is considered a norm to be nude or wear a plain tunic.

Overall, angels don't care about such a trifle, so you didn't care much about it either. It was only now that you were in human society that you had to comform with their norms, albeit you didn't understand them.

Anywho.

People might have found it odd that there were a nearly naked boy, especially on such an important day, so the Undertaker thought it would be best for you to keep your distance.

You, anyway, were able to watch from that distance how the Undertaker lowered Madame Red into her grave to be buried.

You watched the humans around Madame Red's grave with a large basket filled of lilies in your hands. You were to give them out to those within the rest of the cemetery. You didn't know much about funerals yet, but the Undertaker had informed you that lilies were the most fitting for the occasion.

So, you were there, deeper into the cemetery as you watched the Undertaker work. You felt a great sympathy for those who mourned Madame Red.

Despite the grand sadness many shared for the unfortunate end of Madame Red, the day was awfully bright. The sun was out and the grass was green. And the birds chirped happily as they flew through the blue, cloudless sky. It was a rather perfect day.

You stood by Mary Kelly's grave stone as you watched the birds fly.

You knew well that Mary Kelly had yet to be in Heaven, and there was a slight chance that she would not be able to be accepted into such place. This is because, while you held an enormous amount of love for her, you had accepted the fact that you would never truly know Mary Kelly or her past. You were not aware of any misdeeds she may have performed during her time of life.