CH8:The last goodbye

A/N: Warning, reader's discretion. Mature content ahead.

|TUSHAR|

It's been almost two months since Anjali and I had gotten engaged. Every day since then had been utter bliss. Anjali and I almost meet every day. The days we couldn't meet we spoke for hours together on the phone.

Although everything has been going well I can't help but think that this bubble that Anjali and I have been floating on will soon burst when I have to leave for my next deployment. I haven't gotten an official notification yet but I know it'll be soon. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

I leaned against my bike trying not to think about the inevitable separation that's going to be thrown in our lives very soon. My heart fluttered when I spotted Anjali, I forgot what I was worrying about when. She waved at a few students and laughed when one of them said something to her.

She was like a bright sunshine to my stormy days. Just looking at her was enough for me to forget about all my worries. She whipped her head towards me almost like she sensed my presence and waved her hands. I chuckled waving my hands at her.

It took another ten minutes for the dispersal to finally get over. I loved the way Anjali interacted with all the kids. It's heartwarming to watch her excitement and love for these kids. She's going to be an amazing mother. I can't wait for us to live together every day and build a beautiful life with her.

I want to give her all the happiness in the world. "Hey." I smiled when Anjali walked towards me and greeted me with a hug. "Hi. How was your day ?" I kissed her forehead.

"It was good. A bit chaotic but fun as always." I smiled and tapped her nose. "Lucky them! They got to look at your beautiful face for an entire day." Anjali scoffed at my statement but blushed nonetheless. I pulled her cheeks and as usual, she slapped my hands away.

"Stop it! Now come on feed me something. I'm hungry." She whined and tapped her stomach pouting like a cute kid. "My house or your house?" I asked her and sat on the bike.

"I want to go to your house. Please. Besides it's the weekend. I think we can have a sleepover. I already informed Papa so drive fast." She ranted and sat behind me, shaking my shoulders to start driving the bike.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and placed her chin on my shoulder. She kept chattering about her day and about everything else in general. I laughed when she imitated one of the senior teachers who was imposing unnecessary rules. It's never a dull time with her.

When we reached home while she freshened up in the bathroom while I ordered some pizza. I set up everything near the couch. "Yay! Pizza!" Anjali squealed and jumped on the couch next to me. She pecked me on the lip and began eating the pizza. She was wearing a cute sundress. I chuckled and played a movie.

As the movie continued to play and the pizza was devoured Anjali was sprawled on my chest. I had my arms around her waist and our feet were on the table. I held her left hand and traced my thumb over the ring just like I had done numerous times over the past two months. It was still hard for me to believe that I was engaged to the love of my life.

Anjali glanced at me giving me the most beautiful smile to have ever existed. "Why do you keep doing that?" I leaned close and kissed her. "Just reminding myself that all of this isn't a dream but actually reality."