Epilogue

"Gary's done it. He's getting married." Elyse said as she read the invitation in her hand.

"And he sent you an invitation?" Sawyer asked, grabbing it from her as he threw himself on the couch.

They were back at her little beach cottage in Florida. They had arrived the day before, but Elyse hadn't told her family that she was bringing Sawyer, but she knew it was time to introduce him to her family, and she was curious to see how he got along with her parents.

"My sister will be here to pick me up for church soon. Are you still up for coming?" Elyse asked. They only had a day here because they would have to head back to New York once the press got wind that Sawyer was here.

"It's up to you, my love." They both knew they could stay a few extra days if he stayed home, and she went, but she wanted to show him off. It was one of the few good things about being engaged to a movie star.

There were plenty of good things about being engaged to Sawyer, but not so much regarding the movie star bit.

"Will there be a picnic and a river you need me to emerge shirtless from while saving a young child?" Sawyer looked over his shoulder at her with a grin. "If that's the case, I really need to get my back story set so it's believable, and I'll need eye drops so my eyes don't look red."

Elyse bopped him on the head with the invite. "No, not today," but we only have an hour until they arrive."

"Got it!" Sawyer jumped up. "I call the bathroom first. It takes me much longer to look as beautiful as you do." He dropped a swoon-worthy kiss on her lips, then raced up the stairs, leaning over the banister halfway up. "Should we have a quicky to give us something to ask forgiveness for in church?"

Elyse shook her head at his lecherous smile.

"No!" Elyse said emphatically as she threw a pillow in his face.

Elyse was ready to go an hour later when her sister knocked on the door. As soon as she opened the door, her sister fell on her, grabbing her in a tight hug.

"I missed you soooo much!" Bethany said.

"I missed you too." Elyse looked past her at the empty car. "Where are the boys and your hubby?"

"They went with Mom and Dad. I wanted you to myself for a few minutes," Bethany said, taking her hands. Elyse knew the moment she felt the ring on her hand. She turned it over and looked at it, her mouth trying to form words.

"Is it..." Bethany asked in a whisper.

Elyse nodded, and she let go with a scream just as Sawyer appeared.

"I knew I looked good, but not that good," he joked, running his hands down his suit.

He looked divine.

"You're going to church!" Bethany asked in awe.

"I am, but it will most likely be chaos. You all right with that?"

"Yes!" Bethany said. "They're hosting a picnic today in honor of Gary and his intended announcement. I think they're raising funds for the wedding."

Elyse and Sawyer looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Ummm, we may skip the picnic," Elyse said.

"Nope, we're going. Let me go grab my eye drops." Sawyer said as he ran back up the stairs.

"Am I missing something?" Bethany asked.

"It would take too long to understand, and we'll be late. Sawyer!" she called, and he came bounding down the steps.

Bethany chatted to Sawyer the entire time, making Elyse sit in the backseat while she asked him every question that came into her head, even if they were inappropriate. Sawyer handled her with grace and charm, avoiding the uncomfortable questions easily enough.

Elyse was nervous when they arrived, and as if sensing it, Sawyer took his hand in hers, squeezing it.

Her parents always sat in the front pew, so they had to make their way down the entire aisle, and Elyse heard the normal church murmur go up a notch as Sawyer was recognized. Sawyer held tight to her hand, letting everyone know he was with her as she introduced him to her parents.

"Mom, Dad, this is Sawyer." She laid her hand on his chest and looked up at him adoringly.

"Is that a ring!" her mother hissed, trying to contain her excitement.

"It is." Elyse nodded, unable to contain her grin.

"Elyse!" Gary's voice said from behind them. Their entire group turned and looked at him with his fiancé hanging off his arm.

"Gary," she greeted, holding her hand to shake his, then his fiance's.

"This is Sawyer Richards." Elyse introduced.

"I'm Elyse's fiancé," Sawyer said, pumping Gary's hand as if trying to get the circulation going again, then taking Gary's fiance's hand and kissing it all charm. Of course, he could pull something like that off.

Elyse watched her blush and giggle.

"A little thick, isn't it?" Elyse whispered.

Sawyer turned and looked down at her with his heart in his eyes, and she was lost. Anyone looking at them couldn't be in doubt about the way he felt.

SawyerRichards belonged to Elyse Moore, plain and simple.