Lets have a baby

"Your liege...we cannot wait any longer, the soldiers in ranks are questioning your dedication towards the empire." Ilaria was happily humming softly as she brushed the fur of Bluebell-the small fawn that she and Zyram had named together when she heard voices coming from the main chamber.

She would have been afraid to eavesdrop if it was Harwon but with Zyram she was almost fearless for he put up with her impudence and was very patient thus she decided to closeup to the door and hear what was being talked about.

"It has spread in aristocratic cthe ircles and within the militia ranks that the Empress has not let you visit her inner chambers since you have ascended the throne, your majesty must have a heir soon thus kindly accept the opening of inner chambers for other concubines-" A sharp dagger barely missed the eye of the man that was talking, it made the voices stop for several moments before they presumed, for the female that could not see what was happening felt her heart drop.

"Zyram...I am your comrade, one that has been with you since our childhoods, I know your madness for the Empress but do not forget that the empire must be kept united at all fronts and it must be only you sitting at the throne for once the heart of those cunning generals changed both our lives along with your wife will be at stake.

Its either she accepts you and give birth for you or you accepting concubines."

After that Ilaria did not had any heart to listen to it any longer, previously Harwon had often spent night with the concubines because many heirs were what reassured the monarch. The previous King had tens of children but only Harwon survived till adulthood, for Zyram to only have one female and that too without making efforts to produce an heir was a prohibited thing.

The sagon entrance opened and a bulky male named Theodore emerged with rage written across his face yet when he saw a female standing outside with shock and astonishment written on her face, he was somewhat embarrassed.

"Your majesty-"

"Ilaria" Ilaria looked at the Theodore and then at Zyram before shaking her head and turning on her heels to cross paths with them. An arm clutched her shoulders stopping her from fleeing away.

Theodore bowed before leaving knowing that the words that he uttered had caused waves at the end but this was his warning to the royal couple for the storm brewing.

"Are you going to accept another woman?"

"What are you even saying-"

"Is that the reason you refuse to touch me?"

"Ilaria its not-"

"Then what...why can't you touch me then?"

"Because you abhor it!" The male voiced through gritted teeth before he saw the woman he adored to the extremities was already trying to hold on to her tears.

"I-I don't hate it, I don't hate you....don't leave me please." It was so pathetic, the way she begged him and asked him to spend a night with her. Zyram for god knows since when had waited for this day but the way she had clutched onto him and begged for his love was so sad and without an ounce of self respect that he felt raged.

"So to ask your husband that you wish to have him fuck you senseless tonight, will you bend your spine and be on your knees? Is this what my empress is capable of?" Those words were so ruthless that the female looked up and almost instinctively stopped her fingers from holding onto him.

"When have I not fulfilled what you ever wished for? When have I denied your wishes and needs. You heard Theodore saying that I should accept concubines and what you did you do at the end.....only come and complain that I should love you instead.

Ilaria if you do not learn to become the Empress, there are wolves that would devour you.

I am your husband and I desire you, only you so stop looking at me with similar eyes like you looked at that bastard Harwon, you can ask me what you want and express your desire. And if it comes to the matter of touching you......this time it must be you that must exert your power and come to me asking for what you need."

Those words were so heavy that it made the female contemplate the life she lived and for once reflected upon herself. Ilaria after that did not came to find Zyram for more than three months in which she held many gatherings with the noble females of the empire from all over.

It was a significantly slow process yet she learned how to remain clam and composed, that kindness was often times folly and many were ready to take advantage of her trust thus when this time she requested an audience with the Emperor, it was through the protocol established by the imperial decree. Zyram had often sought her audience after that day where they fought but Ilaria only spend sometime with him, dedicating all her focus on becoming an empress that their nation would need.

This time she had entered the emperor's inner chambers in broad daylight.

"You all are dismissed." The congregation was discussing certain matters that did not held much importance when they were dismissed by the monarch who was for once looking rejuvenated to see his wife coming to find him on her own.

"Ilaria"

"Zyram, lets have a baby, shall we?"

She was dressed specifically for the purpose as the usual high bun embellished with gems was loosened in tendrils and decorated in fresh jasmine flowers that gave off a sweet scent. The dark fabric that specifically made the empress appear oppressing was changed to serene azure as her cleavage appeared to have water droplets dribbling down like dew drops on a flower.

Zyram looked away for a second trying to stop himself from jumping at her but when she bent down a little and the snow embroidered cloak covering her shoulders slipped down she smiled at him with a teasing expression.

"If you didn't please me tonight, I will seek another-" After that it was her turn to be teased and bullied to the end for the entire night.