Pregnant (last chapter of past)

PAST

"Here this cold medicine will soothe your stomach."

A male offered his wife a concoction that smelled mildly of bitter medicine yet since she was immersed in the eluding aroma of roses this time and was endlessly drowning in butterfly kisses on her forehead and cheeks, she gulped it without throwing a crying tantrum.

Ilaria who adored the magnificent roses in all its shape and size was often calmed by them thus when Zyram filled the imperial bathtub with warm water and immersed her along with himself in it while thousand of such flowers floated on its surface, it was truly a sight that she loved.

Lilac irises glimmered before she smiled and found her comforting place on her husband's chest where she kept her head and listened to his heartbeat. Zyram's thick fingers drew circles on her back and her pain of spine soon subsided.

Although the emperor was a difficult man to understand and even more of a troublesome creature to decipher yet when he appeared infront of her, there was none in the entire empire who did not know that he would do anything for his empress so much so that he had waited so much for the arrival of a child without even pressuring her once despite the dissatisfaction displayed by numerous ministers before.

A rose floated nearby and the monarch picked it up before tucking it in the serene silver strands that were beyond pretty on that glowing face.

His Ilaria

"My dove" His lips took hers and soon his mouth passionately kissed her as he cupped her neck gently. It was done with such delicate movements that there was not a remembrance that this was the same man that had slowly inserted his rough fingers in the female's fragile flower and fucked her mercilessly till she was sobbing with pleasure.

It was eight months ago when the woman first gave up her innocence to him. After that, it was such a shame for Ilaria who was usually kept occupied by her husband for days and nights to arrive so much so that even her close maids had a face that screamed compassion.

Zyram had tasted her once and could not stop, it was almost like a sensation of insane lust that prevailed. Nights after night, sweet voices of a female moaning, calling out his name and a male pleasuring her was what could be heard outside the empress's palace.

The result of all those rough, sweet, and blissful touches was the swollen belly that the Empress was carrying right at the moment. It was just that the imperial physician had restricted them to further not have any such....activities for it could be dangerous for the heir.

Zyram wrapped his arm around the beautiful woman and soon after she had soaked in the medicinal bath brought her out to the chambers to sleep, it was just that.....tonight it was too dark that even the moon hid behind the dark clouds.

The next day an unexpected catastrophe occurred and there was an occurrence of great fire that burned some parts of the capital, Zyram himself had to go and see what was the case and Ilaria was left in the security of the palace.

"Your majesty.....your majesty...if you may then can I talk to you privately?" The female physician was the first of her kind in the entire dynasty and was also called divine physician for she had excellent knowledge of medicine and was a very learned old woman who was greatly loving towards the young empress.

"Madam Lana, what is that you must tell me?" The female's smile dropped after she saw Madam Lana face was full of misgivings as her old fingers were trembling." Only when the empress held those shivering hands in her own did the divine physician make a resolve to speak.

"Your majesty, my beautiful empress...you must...you must abort this child." The imperial physician took the empress's pulse every single day and for some days she had been too early to retreat as if not wanting to face the innocent violet irises that were so pure that she could not bear to look into them and lie.

Since it was only Ilaria and Madam Lana, the empress maintained her composure which she had learned to build after so many efforts so much so that her façade only crumbled a little before she regained it. When she remained silent and did not ask or said anything with violet deadest eyes the physician continued.

"The child is healthy my empress yet its development is as such that it possesses divine powers...it must have been a very auspicious thing yet the divine powers are far too strong...I had detected it a month ago yet dared not make assumptions in such a grave matter thus took your pulse every day and checked....your majesty your child is consuming your life force very rapidly.....

Your majesty if you take the decision to forgo this child, I would help you adopt one in secrecy-"

"The temple would know." The old woman who blurted anything anyhow and wanted to do everything in her power to help Ilaria quieted down with tears streaming down her face.

Silence so eerie that it prevailed over all others engulfed the presence of the two females. Ilaria looked down at her hands and did not know what to say. In the past two months she was hard of hearing...almost deaf now yet had not told Zyram, her vision had degraded much in the past one month yet she thought it was a temporary thing or she might have caught a mild disease.

She did not speak out for fear of her child being named a cursed demon by others yet what now?

At that moment she thought of the beautiful life forming inside of her- son or daughter they were her own blood. She thought how soon her happiness was destroyed but above all she thought of him....of Zyram.

Her courageous rebel who had killed Harwon to win her over.

Loved her to the extent of turning a blind eye to the aristocrats that were eying his throne like panthers that were ready to pounce at any moment.

She thought of the militia that was now quelled and under control for it had heard of secure news- that an heir would soon arrive and their monarch wasn't completely insane despite only having one single queen.

She had then thought of his smiles as he embraced her in his stronghold as if afraid she would drift away and at last thought of how she was an empress before a wife.

"Madam Lana, Emperor Zyram shall remain on the throne no matter what." For a fall from the throne was nothing but a merciless death.

Empress Ilaria as described in future books was a pampered female with two husbands, one King Harwon who was killed by her secret lover who later attained the throne to establish the empire of Avesta.

The wife of the founding monarch, Emperor Zyram whose glory reached the sun under and after his reign performed the ultimate sacrifice when she hid her almost disabled body and endured the pain to give birth to one of the strongest monarchs in history- her son Arvram who possessed infinite divine powers and united many lands to bring under Avesta

The female died so young, only aged 20 but it was mentioned in some secret archives that she was almost never been dead for Emperor Zyram for she had written a letter for each month of future life for her husband. 156 letters were written and for 156 months Emperor Zyram lived.

The ruler of vast seas and innumerable power was described as an insane psychotic monster by many of his close aides for the imperial punishment for suggesting another marriage to him was getting one's head crushed by tens of war elephants so after only a few catastrophic cruel death none dared question him.

It was said that Empress Ilaria was never buried for with the help of the divine physician who by the grace of the dead empress was given a pardon of her life for she did not tell the truth to the emperor that his wife was dying, a beautiful glassed liquid infused with Crown Prince Arvaram's powers and her own medicinal knowledge was made in which the empress's body was emerged.

Time passed, and the Crown Prince ascended the throne at the age of twelve even before Emperor Zyram consumed poison for the throne which looked like hell was given by the emperor who ended his life on the day he read the last letter, wearing black to signify mourning he had passed away as a heartbroken man.

It is said that the Empress is still in the lost secret pool dead yet never gaining liberty.