ā„¼ 2 ā„½

𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳...

Pupils fixated on his computer screen, a soft knock interrupted Beomgyu's afternoon. 

- "Come in" 

- "Hey Beom, the new neighbor just arrived. If you you have the time, you would mind helping him assemble some stuff ? He said he can't figure out the manuals because of his bad eyesight" , his mother pronounced. 

'If he has bad eyesight, why doesn't he just wear glasses ?' , Beomgyu questioned internally. 

- "Sure mom, let me finish this and I'll be right there" , he responded with a small smile on his face. 

- "Thank you son. I'll let him know you'll be there soon" , his mother said as she closed the door behind herself. 

Beomgyu picked up his bag and bid goodbye to his mother before quickly putting on his boots and leaving trough the back door. 

He preferred exiting through the garden as he could allow himself a rapid kick in one of the chickens his mother raised. The swift but still horrid scream they let out as soon as his heavy boot met their undersized bodies was oddly satisfying to the young man. 

Beomgyu had very few hobbies. Perhaps the thing he enjoyed the most was gazing upon humans and animals as their eyes screamed terror. He was aware that it was somewhat of a 'unique' hobby as none of his family members or classmates had shown interested in such endeavor, however, that never effected Beomgyu's list of pastimes. 

Neither did he want to understand nor cease his morbid interests. He was fine with the way he was. Even if it meant that he had never acquired the company of a single friend over the years. 

- "Hi ! I'm Beomgyu, your neighbor from down the street. My mother told me you could use some help with assembling the furniture, am I right ?" , Beomgyu announced after spotting a man carrying some gardening equipment into the house. 

The man set the box on the floor and showed a quick smile before answering. 

- "Yes, I could use some help. Thank you Beomgyu" , he said while opening the gate and letting Beomgyu in. "I'm Taehyun, Kang Taehyun. Pleasure to meet you" , he extended his right hand to finish off the introduction with a handshake. Beomgyu was dismayed as Taehyun had put out his hand slightly to the left instead of directly towards his arm but quickly brushed off his concern as he took notice of Taehyun's astonishingly veiny upper limbs. 

After blinking a few times and shaking his head in order to come to his senses once more, he asked what he could get started on. Taehyun slowly led him to the living room where a few pieces of a cabinet could be seen. 

- "I tried to get started on this but the pieces all look alike so I just gave up midway" , Taehyun scratched his neck and laughed in embarrassment. 

Beomgyu just replied with a nonchalant 'I'll put together this first then' but couldn't help but remain with this subtle feeling that something wasn't right with his neighbor. From the way he got around the house with the speed of a 80 year old to how excessively close he held his phone to his face when using it. 

Taehyun was going down the stairs as Beomgyu suddenly called out his name. However, instead of the simple 'yes ?'  he had expected, the blaring noise of Taehyun's body hitting the ground made his heart skip a beat.  

- "Taehyun ?" , Beomgyu quietly let out. 

- "Ahhh..." "I'm okay !" , the other responded after wincing in pain. 

Beomgyu decided to get up and check on the latter's condition. As soon as Taehyun's shoulder became visible to him, the boy couldn't hold back the smirk that was itching on his lips. Small red dots had invaded Taehyun's white t-shirt. The blood looked so fresh, Beomgyu almost ripped the other's shirt off just to observe the brand new scratches. 

- "You're... bleeding... Taehyun.." , Beomgyu sighed somewhat aroused. 

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥...