⥼ 3 ⥽

After sitting back onto the stairs, Taehyun nodded but reassured the other that he was perfectly fine. Beomgyu sat beside him and decided to question the other about his odd behaviour.

- "Listen, I know we just met and that this might sound a bit rude...I don't even know how to put, I just- I guess that you've been doing some.. weird.. things. And uhh.. I don't know, I just wanted to ask if everything was alright ? You don't have to explain if you don't want to, I just... yeah" , Beomgyu questioned with a close-to-perfect mask. 

He had mastered the art of pretending to care about people and their emotions over the years. Same with lying about feeling remorse. Beomgyu excelled in the craft of 'pretending'. Pretending that he was socially competent, pretending that he cared, pretending that he was a regular member of society, pretending that he was normal. 

However, deep but not so deep down, he had absolutely no desire to know why Taehyun was acting the way he was. The only reason he asked that question was that he hoped the answer would reveal Taehyun's weakness. Beomgyu knew, the fastest way to learn about somebody's vulnerability was to make them trust you. 

And that's exactly was he was planning on doing with his neighbor. 

Without really understanding why, Taehyun intrigued him. Both his body and soul. 

- "No, no... I guess it's alright... I just.. I can't see that well. Actually, that's kind of a euphemism, I meant that I'm considered blind.. like legally. I can still see silhouettes and darker shades but yeah" , Taehyun admitted abashed. 

- "Normally I can hide it better than this but I need more time with the new environment you know ?" , Beomgyu nodded in agreement. "I know it's not something that I should need to hide... but I'm just so ashamed. I just- I just want to be normal again" , he finished after wiping a tear off his cheek. 

'Bingo' , Beomgyu thought to himself. 

- "Can I ask what happened ?" , he questioned with a soft tone. Sweet and gentle as if the owner of said tone wasn't a threat to Taehyun at all. 

- "Simple car accident. Last year" , his neighbor responded

Beomgyu let Taehyun process his emotions and just sat there with his own sinful thoughts. Planning all the ways he could get close to the other, he almost couldn't hold back the excitement that had built up in his chest. 

- "Listen Taehyun, I've obviously never been in a similar situation but I hear you. I understand how horribly this accident must have affected you and if you ever need someone to listen or to distract you, I'm here" , Beomgyu's tactful smile warmed Taehyun's heart. "And just like today, if you want I can come over tomorrow to help out"

Taehyun got up and nodded. Showing a grateful facial expression to the other, he extended his hand to help Beomgyu straighten his posture. 

The two got back to work as the sun slowly started leaving its place to the moon. Beomgyu had assembled some house fittings while Taehyun mainly remained in the garden. He was planting something. Beomgyu had no knowledge on gardening so he couldn't exactly construe what his neighbor was sowing in his backyard. All he knew was that Taehyun intrigued him. 

Without Beomgyu truly realizing yet, Taehyun was gradually becoming an obsession. 

- "I think I'll manage the rest on my own. Thank you for your help Beomgyu !" , Taehyun yelled from the kitchen. Stopping his motion of cleaning the living room's furniture, Beomgyu walked over to the kitchen to hand the damp cloth he had previously been using to his neighbor.

- "Thank y-" , Taehyun was just about to thank Beomgyu for the cloth as the latter grabbed his hand and pulled him closer. 

- "Call me Beom" , Beomgyu murmured in his neighbor's ear. 

Taehyun strived to hide his surprise but failed to do so as Beomgyu let go of him but remained nigh glued to his body nonetheless. 

- "S-sure , if that's more comfortable for you" , he finally let out. 

Still trying to halt the red color from invading his cheeks, Taehyun was waving goodbye to his down-the-street neighbor. Beomgyu's prior actions had confused him immensely. He wasn't particularly bothered by them, merely a slight disoriented. 

And perhaps without willingly admitting to himself, he was looking forward to tomorrow... 

As the setting sun's gentle rays fondled his face, Beomgyu made his way back to his house. He was beaming with joy and impatience as his mind went through the motions of how he was going to manipulate his new neighbor.

Daydreaming about Taehyun's veiny arms and perfectly shaped jawline, the boy couldn't cease his glee. Beomgyu didn't have much experience with humans, his main victims were naïve chickens unable to escape his boots. Although they fascinated him, his aloofness made it impossible for him to begin and maintain relationships.

One thing that was also constantly on his mind was the image Taehyun's teary eyes. As far as he could remember, he had never cried himself but he had undoubtedly seen others cry before. But this time it was different. Beomgyu had never ever been affected by someone's tears, not even his own sister's or mother's. Nonetheless, he was slowly accepting the reality that Taehyun's tears had done something to him. He had felt...compassion ? Empathy perhaps ?

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥...