Silent treatment 🧶

Graclynn's pov

I had a great day today... until Duke decided he wanted to act like a fool.

Flashback

I got out of the car, humming the lyrics to Beyoncé's version of "R.E.M." by Ariana Grande. I was in a great mood today but I was ready to eat and be up under my man.

I unlocked the door and called out, "Babe!"  not getting an answer but I knew he was home because I saw his car in the garage before I came in.

"Baby!" I called out once more before I saw him sitting at the island in our kitchen on his phone.

"Hey, my honey bunches of oats," I said, teasing him with a name he thought was corny.

I put my arms around his shoulders and leaned my head on his back, just taking in his presence because I missed him so much today.

"Can you get off of me?" he said, letting me know that something was wrong because he doesn't ever decline my hugs or cuddles. As a matter of fact, it's usually him who's all in my space.

"What's wrong?" I asked him while I unwrapped my arms from around him making sure to respect his wishes.

"I don't want you touching me" he spat
Which kind of hurt my feelings.

"Did I do something to make you feel that way or-" I spoke until he interrupted me.

"You're clingy sometimes and it's starting to annoy the shit outta me" his attitude evident in his voice.

Now my good mood is ruined

"What's your problem?" I asked taken aback because now he's doing too much and I'm not going for it at all.

"I don't have one"  he stated making me straight-face him

"You do, what's with the stank attitude?"  I asked crunching my face up

"You're my only problem right now, since when were you ever this irritating and naggy?"  he said making me feel a ping in my stomach caused by his words

"Why are you being so rude right now? I'm just trying to talk to you and you're actually like I'm someone off the street." I said

"Stop talking to me," he said finally turning to look at me, making me look at him funny

"I'm serious" he continued

"Whatever"

He wanna be petty? I can be petty too.

Flashback over

Two can play that game, the only difference is he's playing cheekers and I'm playing chess. I felt rejected within my relationship, so let's see how he feels. I know you're probably gonna say "Just be the bigger person gray" but I'm only 5'3, I ain't never been the bigger person.
The truth is the situation really hurt my feelings. It may not seem like a big deal to others, but it is to me. In my last relationship, I experienced mental and verbal abuse, and the things that were said to me in this situation were similar to what my ex used to say. Those words definitely affected my confidence, and I ended up closing myself off as a result. It took me a while to open up again, and Duke helped me with that and brought me out of my shell. So, for him to say those hurtful words to me, especially without any communication, it feels like everything I opened up to him about is being thrown back in my face.

It's now about 3 hours later and Duke has been in the living room since. I am sitting in bed comfortably as I don't know what with my pillows around me, eating grapes and watching "The Kardashians" from E1 S1.