the wedding

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ twenty-four / -the wedding

1978

VICTORIA SQUEELED IN

excitement as she placed a flower crown on top of Lily's head. "I could not believe you are getting married!" Marlene gasped in shock and denial. "You look stunning Lils" Willow complemented, her eyes showing admiration for the girl in the white dress.

"Thank you so much, James and I couldn't do this without you guys" Lily thanked with her eyes getting glossy. "Now, you don't want to cry...save that for the vows" Victoria joked, in attempt to cheer the bride up. "Still, I could not believe YOU are getting married to JAMES POTTER" Marlene stated in disbelief. "Wonder what first year Lily would feel" Willow wondered.

"Where in hell is Mary?" Victoria questioned, not having their friend with them. "Maybe with Amelia, in charge with the food" Lily answered, fixing her dress.

"Let's get you down now, it's going to start in like ten minutes" Marlene said, opening the door-taking a peek of the hallway, making sure James is not near them.

"You know what" Willow spoke up with Marlene closing the door. "What?"

"Let's pull a prank on James" Willow suggested, contempting herself from giggling. "And how should we do that?" Lily questioned, liking the idea. "I've actually been planning this for a while... I mean Sirius and I have"

"So Sirius is currently dressed in a wedding dress and I've already tricked James into thinking you're gonna do a dress reveal" Willow explained, giggling at her idea. "You mean, Sirius is dressed in a wedding dress?" Lily laughed, careful not to smudge her makeup.

Victoria and Marlene liked the idea and so did Lily. "Alright let's get you down and you'll watch his reaction behind the curtains" Victoria said, simultaneously opening the door for them to leave.

"Ready?" Willow's voice echoed the area, holding a vhs camcorder. "One, two, three" Remus counted down.

"I could not wait to see my gorgeous wife to be" James said, getting teary eyed.

And then, James turned around-revealing Sirius in a wedding dress. "Awe, come here my hubby" Sirius moaned, with his arms open wide.
"Oh goodness, you are so gorgeous" James complemented, hugging his bestfriend.

"Hey dickface! Don't steal my husband!" Lily shouted from the inside, which made everyone burst into laughter.

______

Slowly, Lily walked in and everyone looked at her with awe. And so did James, especially James.

He was crying as he could not believe that this was happening. The girl that he fancied when he was eleven, is now standing in front of him as a woman who's wearing a white dress with a white bridal veil covering her face.

Their friends and family sat, watching them get teary eyed as they exchange vows.

"I could not believe this is happening at all" Victoria whispered to her boyfriend, holding his hand. "Me too" Remus whispered back, rubbing her hand with his thumb.

"You may now kiss the bride"

Everybody cheered in excitement, but not as excited as Sirius, who was the best man.

After a while, they settled and took pictures, all of them smiling.

All of them proud at the newlyweds, especially those who witnessed it all develop from hatred to love.

______

"I can't believe they're moving out" Victoria said in disbelief to Remus while they sat in their shared bed. "Relax, they're just next door" Remus chuckled before kissing her forehead.

"You're so pretty" Remus complemented that made Victoria blush, but she rolled her eyes instead. "What did you do now?" Victoria asked suspiciously-her left eyebrow raised. "I am offended" Remus stated with his eyebrows scrunched teasingly.

"I am just adoring my beautiful, gorgeous, and breathtaking girlfriend" Remus huffed, his arms crossed. "That's going to be the mother of my children"

His words shocked Victoria, causing her to sit up straight and stare at him for a second, astonished by him. "I thought you didn't want to have kids, due to-you know" Victoria said in disbelief.
"I know...but it's unfair when it comes to you, we could always do adoption if you want" Remus suggested that made Victoria tugged in a small smile on her face.

Victoria felt like a massive weight that's been a burden to her-immediately left her body in just a click. She would finally have the family she dreamed of in a matter of two years or so.

"I love you so much" Remus mumbled, his eyes closing due to the fact that he was tired because of the wedding.
"I love you more" Victoria mumbled back, kissing his forehead.

The morning came, Remus' arms wrapped around Victoria, strong enough to strangle her at some point.

"I need to pee!" Victoria exclaimed, trying to wiggle out of Remus' grasp. "Not until you give me a kiss!" Remus demanded, restraining her from leaving the bed. "Morning breath!" Victoria retorted.

Finally, after a few minutes of arguing, Remus let her go. "Do you want my kidneys to fail or something?" Victoria exclaimed from their shared bathroom.

"So, what do you plan on doing today?" Remus asked Victoria, kissing her cheek. "Put away some laundry, I suppose" Victoria answered as she sat next to him on their bed. "I'll fold the socks, I promise" Victoria added, but she doesn't sound happy about it.

"Why did your tone change all of a sudden?" Remus asked, slightly scrunching his eyebrows in confusion. Soon, Remus realised. "You don't like folded socks do you?" Remus sounded offended whilst Victoria let out a breath before answering.

"It's so unnecessary" She expressed which made Remus roll his eyes in disappointment. "It is not!" He argued like a child. "Now you're sounding like a child, Remus" Victoria sighed, letting out a light chuckle afterwards. "I do not" He disagreed. "We are fighting over socks, Remus-and you're getting upset by it" Victoria laughed.

In return, Remus grunted which made Victoria bit her lip, preventing herself from laughing at the man in front of her, upset because of unfolded socks.

"Time of the month, aye?" Victoria teased Remus as she got up. "Going to eat breakfast, want to join?" Victoria asked as she walked towards the door.

"Yes" Remus plainly replied as he got up, wrapping an arm around Victoria's shoulders. "Still upset?" Victoria chuckled. "Not when it comes to you" Remus replied, kissing her.