7. please don't stop the music

୨ৎ ꒰ please don't stop the music ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ please don't stop the music ꒱ ୨ৎ.

nicole's house was full of teenagers. music was blasted by  big speakers and there was alcohol everywhere.

willow recognize harry, his co-worker, on the porch playing beer pong. belly and taylor were more interested in finding nicole, so she left them talking on the driveway.

"hey willow, didn't know you were coming!" he passed an arm around her shoulders and handed her a red plastic cup full of beer.

"last minute decision!" she shouted, taking a sip from the cup, the music was loud.

"wanna play with me?" harry asked.

"why not?" 

after a few shots, she found out she had perfect aim and soon she was drinking the fifth glass.

a lot of people came around the table to see them play, even steven and shayla, everybody was hyping her up and harry's hand was now around her waist, but willow wasn't paying attention. she felt excited with every sip she took. it was strange, she never felt that way, free and happy; everything seemed so funny.

"this girl is on fire!" someone shouted. she continued playing with harry, a round each. some of the guys complimented harry, but willow couldn't really tell for what. she wasn't really able to think or talk consciously.

"oh my god, i love this song!" she looked at harry with a giant smile on her lips, moving her head to the beat of "please don't stop the music" by rihanna.

he made her turn and started dancing with her, his hand on her hips and willow's arm around his neck. someone strted cheering them.

"you look beautiful" he whispered. she didn't understand, and found funny the fact that she was there, at a party, drunk and dancing basically with a stranger. she started laughing like she had never done before. she threw her head back and laughed, careless. 

nonchalantly harry tilted his head and kissed willow, surprising her. the taste of his mouth mixed with hers was awful, but she kissed him back. she was brought back to reality for a second. 

"i'm gonna get something to drink," he said, and quickly entered the house.

she didn't want to stay outside alone, so she walked in too. the living room was crowded and when she saw belly and cam cameron on a couch, she rushed and sat between them.

"hiii guys!" she exclaimed.

"willow, are you drunk?" belly suddenly was worried, because after they arrived, she hadn't seen her for almost two hours.

"naaah, i only drank one, two..." she started counting on her fingers how many cup she drank. "i don't remember!" she laughed.

"testing, testing, one, two, one two, this one is for our favorite couple tonight: cam cameron and our sweet belly button!" jeremiah drew the attention on himself, and "summer nights" from grease started playing.

"oh jesus" belly was embarrassed, while cam cameron was clearly enjoying that moment.

"summer loving had me a blast" he started singing, nicole and gigi as his backup dancer.

he pointed the mic towards belly but cam got it instead. "i met a girl, crazy for me"

"come on, willy!" willow got the mike from cam and stood up.

"i met a boy, as cute as can beeee"

"summer days, thrifting away" now they were all next to each other, singing to belly, who wanted to disappear. "to, oh, oh, summer nights, oh well-a, well-a, well-a"

"tell me more, tell me more, did you get very far?" everybody in the room with singing with them now, dancing to that 70's masterpiece.

dancing, she approached steven, who was in one corner of the room, drinking. 

"are you enjoying your first party, little monster?" she nodded vigorously.

"should we go upstairs? the music is too loud" she grabbed his hand and he followed her up the stairs.

"here" they entered an empty room and she dropped herself on the bed. "i really like you in that shirt, boo. it suits you" 

"thank you, willow" he sat on an armchair in the corner of the room.

"actually, i like you whatever you're wearing" she giggled and neither of them talked for what seemed an eternity to willow. 

"gosh, i'm sooo tired!"

"do you want me to drive you home?" willow stood up, approached him and sat on his lap.

"i don't want to go home" she complained.

"what, what you want to do, then?" he whispered, placing his hand on her back.

"i want to kiss you, boo" she responded. "so badly" their noses were touching.

"i want to kiss you too, little monster" 

their breaths slowed down. their lips touched, then collided, gently. steven's hand moved to her cheek.

suddenly there was no house, no party, no people, no music. everything stopped, it was just the two of them. willow and steven. 

"my brother, willow? are you kidding me?" belly was standing at the door.

everything around willow was spinning, and she wasn't feeling her best.

"my brother, bells? are you kidding me?" she responded. she got up and left the bedroom. she didn't mean what she said, but she was so disappointed in belly. they were basically sister and she never noticed she had a crush on steven. because everything was always about conrad.

speaking of the devil, while she was heading to the bathroom, conrad appeard in the hallway. "willow are you okay?" he asked before she could close the bathroom's door.

"i'm alri-" she gagged and covered her mouth with her hand.

"shit, how many drinks have you had?" he came inside and locked the door. "who let you drink?" there it was, his protective brother mode was on.

"i played beer pong with harry" she leaned over the toilet and threw up. conrad, sitting on the edge of the bathtub, was keeping her back. 

"it was you that everybody was cheering up?" she threw up again.

"probably...i don't remember much" conrad decided that not reminding her that she kissed her co-worker was the best idea. 

a couple of minutes later she was sitting against the bathtub, with conrad next to her. the music was muffled, she felt someone was having a techno party inside her head, because it was pulsing so hard. he breath smelled awful and she just wanted to sleep there, in nicole's bathroom, in his brother's warm hug.

they didn't have a moment like this in years, and willow was almost touched by that. in the last months he was all moody and weird, she felt like they have grown apart.

"i kissed steven"

"really?" she nodded.

"i feel so bad, conrad"

"if it happened there was a reason. maybe this will get you a chance to be with him" he was playing with her hair, his arm around her sister's shoulders.

"what about shayla? she really likes steven" she was too tired to even cry.

"and so you do. fate will always bring you two together, willow.  who came to new york all the way from boston to bring you a christmas gift? steven. he waited an hour in the middle of the night for you to get out of work. who begged you to kiss him because he wanted you to be his first kiss when he was twelve? steven conklin himself. maybe it won't be this summer, or the next, but believe me, willy, you and steven are meant to be together"