𝐈

𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈.

𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

Amani looked around the exterior of the one-story house then at her realtor, who was also her childhood best friend

Amani looked around the exterior of the one-story house then at her realtor, who was also her childhood best friend. "Why you moved back down here? How you even get a job? I'm wonderin'..." He said his head turned towards her as they walked into the house.

She only mugged him once they made it the house. It was quiet at first as she waited for him to tell her about the house, but the first thing he said was "You can't afford this."

"Wha— what do you do for a living?" Ezekiel cut her off as he turned on the living room light, like it was something to see besides the empty interior of the house. "I'm a physical therapist I can afford this house." She mugged him.

"No yo— you know I can break both of your legs, don't you start that shit Zee." Amani cut him off. She might've been young but she was the top of every class and had over a 4.0 GPA. If she wanted something she'd go get it, no matter what it took.

"I'm sorry. This the living room, or whatever you wanna put here. The whole house is a little over 2,000 square feet, so you can probably do a lot with this." He explained causing her to nod as she looked around.

"Uh.. this the kitchen. All these are modern appliances so you'on gotta worry about anything shutting down or breaking often, or probably even ever." She looked around the kitchen, it had marble walls and countertops with gold touches to it. Taking in the kitchen, counters. "When was this built?"

"Uh... last march, come on." Ezekiel glanced at the IPad before leading her down a hallway.

They walked into a hallway, she noticed that it was a black chandelier with a little bit of gold on it, it was so pretty. The whole house was pretty. "This the master." He said, she was expecting him to say something else and Ezekiel just looked her up and down.

"That's it?" Amani rolled her neck, her face scrunched up. "Your living alone right, that's what this say." He shoved the iPad in her face, and looked at her confusedly once she pushed it away.

"Yes."

"Oh." He rose his eyebrows as he looked at her. "You want the house?" She knew nothing about the house, the neighborhood or anything even.

"How'd you get this job??" Amani leaned on the wall crossing her ankles, looking at him as if he was crazy.

Ezekiel sucked his teeth. "You have a bathroom, like I said in the kitchen: all of these appliances are new."

After around an hour of forcing Ezekiel to tell her about everything she wanted to know, she chose to buy the house, in cash. The two sat on the floor watching as he put the money into the money counter.