Session one

23:50 Ari
Yo, just texted K and Iz - need you to bring spare character sheets tomaz, y'know, jus in case

23:53 (y/n)
Oh god, what do you have planned??
23:55 (y/n)
Ari??
23:58 (y/n)
ARI!!!!!!

00:00 Ari
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Session one
Demons and dice

It was finally Friday. After a long week of seemingly endless work and boredom, the weekend was finally upon you. That said, there was one more event to get through before the week was truly over. This 'event' however was hardly a chore. Ari Shepard's weekly session of Demons and Dice  - her own home brew of Dungeons and Dragons - were always a great way to end to week. From battling math dragons to slaying sirens who may or may not have been designed after her exes, you never truly knew how to prepare. Ari's flatmate Kuri Saint-Thomas liked to say playing a session with Ari was like playing a fantasy game with a toddler. Things had a very strange way of making sense with her. Kuri would also always message you the day before with warnings about how many times she'd heard Ari cackling in her room during prep. This week, the count was seven. An all time record.
Explains the warning message you'd got the night before.
Still, it was the highlight of the week. Sitting in that little musty basement with all those electric candles - real ones had nearly lost Ari her deposit last year - you could be someone else. Someone who was the height you longed to be, had the hair you desired, could first without spluttering and turning red. Cordelia, your freakishly dexterous thief was a total bad bitch. You'd been using her for about two years now, since you'd joined Ari's campaign. She was a chaotic neutral - or morally grey as it was in Ari's system - human hybrid.
For some reason, Ari didn't use classic races. You'd asked her about it once. She just said 'it's not realistic'. You pointed out that Vampires and Werewolves weren't realistic. To this, she had smirked and said 'that's what you think'. A few times you asked her what she meant by that. Each time though, Ari had laughed it off and told you to just wait.
Anyway, that had nothing to do with tonight. Tonight was apparently about trying to survive Ari's wicked plan for your team. Izumi - who played the healer - had messaged to say she'd been up all night looking for loop wholes and tricks to escapes any grave mishaps. She was a student who met Ari through corse work as you recalled. In fact, they were all students looking to escape coursework. Well, accept Ari, who had made her games part of her coursework.
You were the first to arrive at her flat and be invited down to the basement game room. The candles hadn't yet all been switched on and instead the room was lit by a single handing bulb. Book shelves of fantasy novels lined the walls, various figures and pictures interspersed between the most beautiful special editions. In the centre of the room was the old table you'd helped her move down after she bought it in a charity shop...fifty miles away. Taking a table on a bus was an adventure of its own.
"So Az, any hints on how you're gonna try and kill us all tonight?" You asked as you took your seat. Actually your seat, all of you had brought your own on the first session. It was one of the conditions of joining Ari's game. The short woman had her own too, right at the head of the table opposite you.
"Nope, no hints allowed - but you're gonna have fun, I picked out a character just, for, you." She replied, a Nimona shark smile tugging up her lips.
"Oh god..." You mumbled with a little chuckle. That look was a tell tale sign you were in for one hell of a night. Hell being the optimal word there.
"Yes dearie?" Ari hummed as she got out her tablet.
"Not you, you're the devil, not a god." You joked and rolled your eyes. Ari grinned again and began to type something out.
"Thanks for the compliment." She replied and you rolled your eyes. Deciding to help set up, you switched on the candles one by one. Why Ari didn't just use a set of string lights you didn't know. Still, by the time you were done, Izumi and Kuri where at the door.
"Heyyy," Kuri greeted small arms bundled with snacks. Kuri was a a small girl with pretty strawberry-blond hair and bright greed eyes. "I tried bribing Ari not to kill Lira with cookies this morning, i don't know if it worked though." She laughed while headed down the steps. Lira was Kuri's character, a cute young vampire with a demon sword, who canonically was the girlfriend Shinoa Hiragi from Seraph of the end. In truth, apart from the vampire bit there wasn't much of a difference between Kuri and Lira. They were both adorable.
"Well I brought a spare character sheet since I'm pretty sure tonight will be the death of Dean lols." Izumi chuckled as she came in holding a bottle of sparkling wine. Yes, Dean was pretty much the same as the Supernatural character of the same name.
"is it another Supernatural character?" You joked with a brow raised. Izumi pouted out her bottom lip.
"No...Doctor Who this time." She replied as the both of you headed back down the stares.
"Ah, Clara Oswald? Nice touch, you know Ari's low key in love with her." You chuckled after catching sight of the new sheet. All of you entered the basement and took your seat. Kuri on your left and Izumi on you right, all of you got your things out. Dice came first, several sets from each player. You know, incase one set decided it hated you for the night. Next was notes frost he last sessions - though those were mostly just scribbles. Finally, characters. None of you could afford to get those fancy custom ones, so Ari let you all use actions figures or other stuff. Kuri had a Yupik Kongo possible figure. It worked mostly because of the sword. Izumi, she had a pop figure of Dean Lancaster (if I spelt that wrong I apologise, it never watched the series lol). Then there was you, with your repainted mando figure.
"Okie dokie! Let's get started, you brought new character sheets just in case?" Ari asked the table after clapping her hands like a super villain. Each of you raised a space sheet of paper with various new names.
"Yeah, i brought you this too." Izumi said and passed over the bottle.
"Oh yeah, I got you snacks too boss girl." Kuri hummed and waved the bag of crisps by her flatmate.
"Bribes will not be accepted at this time." Ari chuckled, then took both the wine and crisps anyway. "That said, these are mine now." She popped the top off the bottle and took a swing. Her face crinkled from the fix for a moment before she put the bottle back down. "Hoo-yaa!! Let's go, alright...