Chapter 4

Heya peepos! Back in chapter 4 again. I just want to say thanks for over 1.2 reads! It really means a lot to me to see you guys enjoying this and it really motivates me. Please, enjoy chapter 4.

Reynolds 's POV

He tilted his head in thought. Now that he really thought about it, he never really asked Brimsley to be his boyfriend. He felt stupid that he only realized it now. 'I should probably ask him, before announcements me to it ' he concluded. 

"Well, if you mean love, yes. If you mean as a couple...only if you're comfortable. I don't want to rush you or anything" he answered Brimsley. Brinkley ran his finger over his knuckles. "I want to" he said softly. He took Brimsley's hand and put it on his heart. 'Okay Reynolds, you got this, ask him and go' he thought to himself. He couldn't help but hear his old man's words "go forth and conquer". He used his other hand to tilt Brimsley's face slightly upwards, giving him a better look into his eyes. He ran his thumb over Brimsley's right cheek. It felt soft, and warm. As if Brimsley could read his thoughts, he brought up his free hand to caress Reynolds's hand. It was rough, proof that Reynolds was a hard working man. A man who earned his love. Could anything go wrong?

"Brimsley" he started, " I love you. Not only for your looks, but for your heart. I don't deserve you, no one does. But, you've blessed me with your love. Now, I ask: Will you be mine, forever and always? ". Brimsley laughed. 

"Are you asking me to marry you?" he joked. " Oh, uh...like, right now? " Reynolds stuttered.He was still uneasy, even if it was a joke. Brimsley giggled, pulling Reynolds closer to him. "I'm kidding love, it's a little early for that step". Reynolds laughed nervously, his mind drawing his attention to the small bump, barely noticeable, in his jacket. "You know, you kinda already asked me this question" Brimsley pointed out. Reynolds rubbed their noses together, kissing the tip of Brimsley's nose before saying, " I will repeating to you everyday until my last breath of that's what it takes to show you that I love you". Brimsley cuddled into his neck, breathing in his smell. Its smell being the recognizable scent of roses, mixed with his own brand of sweet, and it slowly lulled him to sleep.

💟💟💟

" ...and lastly, I would like to go to London to speak with my court ladies. Got it?" the Queen said to Brimsley. Brimsley finished writing down her plans and nodded. "Of course, Your Majesty. I will prepare both our things to leave tomorrow" Brimsley answered, gathering his things and heading towards the doors. The Queen stopped him. "What do you mean 'us'? You will stay here and take care of this castle, since I don't like the chief butler" she explained. Brinkley bowed, but with a question on his mind. He again tried for the door, but Charlotte stopped him again. "You can keep Reynolds with you" . Brinkley could feel her grin layering through his skull. "Oh, uh, t-thank you" he spluttered out, quickly leaving. 

Once in the corridor, he straightened his clothing and wobbly walked over to the King's office. He knocked on the door, slowly coming in. "God, Reynolds! What do want me to-" the King's eyes landed on Brimsley. Reynolds unclenched his jaw. "Brimsey, why are you here?" He asked. Brisket cleared his throat awkwardly, noticing the tension in the room. "The Queen and His Majesty are to go to London for several meetings. The Queen has requested door you and I to stay" Brimsley explained. The King stood up taller. "Charlotte sent you, yes?" he asked. Brimsley nodded. " She ordered me to stay here, as well" Brimsley spoke, not making eye contact with him. 

The King's eyes softened. "Oh," he muttered. He looked at Brimsley, noticing how his cheeks were dusted pink, and then looked at Reynolds, who was trying his hardest to avoid the King's gaze. "Ooohh," he said a little louder.