Do you even have my number?

Lexi's POV

His lips move flawlessly against mine. His tongue traces my bottom lip. I am about to deepen the kiss when I hear someone clear their throat.

I turn to see Willow standing there. Our eyes meet and for a moment no one does anything, but then Willow breaks the silence by saying, "Can you two move?"

"Why?" East asks.

"Why?" His sister repeats. "Because I don't need to watch you two shoving your tongues down each others throats while I'm eating. So go sit with those imbeciles you call friends, Easton."

She precedes to sit down, clearly showing that she is not happy with our presence. Easton then drags me over to the table with his friends.

He introduces me to all of them. They seem nice enough. However, I can feel eyes on my back and I turn around to see a certain girl staring.

A few minutes later one of the guys gets a text and abruptly stands up and announces he has to go. I watch as he practically runs out of the cafeteria. I then notice the one particular person is also absent from her table.

~After Lunch~
The rest of lunch went by smoothly. I then head to science. Once again my partner is not here.

5 minutes after the bell rings, Willow bursts into the room. "Sorry I'm late. I was helping coach with something," she tells the teacher who just sighs and motions for her to sit in her seat.

She slides in next to me and doesn't say a word. I turn to face her about to make a comment about her tardiness, but I notice a bruise on her neck.

I then notice the many hickies that cover her skin. That's when I realize why she was late and decide to drop the topic.

Our teacher starts the lesson and I scribble down notes as she goes. After she finishes she announces, "Okay class, that was the final lesson you need before starting your projects that I told you about a week ago. I will continue giving lessons in class, but it is expected that you start to work on the projects outside of class as homework."

"I suggest you exchange phone numbers with your partners, so you can meet up after school," she continues. "And remember the research and presentation is to be done fully with your partner. Okay, that's all for today. You all are dismissed early."

Some students get up from their chairs and walk towards the door. Some exchange numbers and others start making plans.

I turn towards Willow who is collecting her things. "Hey, so how do you want to do this?" I ask her.

"I'll text you," she responds. She turns and starts walking towards the door.

"Do you even have my number?" I yell, but she is already out the door.