argument

SCARS
rj.lupin

/ twenty-eight / -argument

1981

VICTORIA AND MARLENE STARED

at each other, Marlene with her bags in her hands. "Are you sure this is the right decision?" Victoria asked worriedly, with her hands resting on her hips as Marlene's back faced the door. "Yes, Vicky. My family needs me and I need them" Marlene answered, with glossy eyes.

"I need to protect them" Marlene added with a shaky voice. "Be safe" Victoria said softly before engulfing her friend into a big hug. Marlene sent Victoria a quick smile before apparating.

Suddenly, Victoria felt sick to her stomach. Instinctly, she rushed to the nearest bathroom of her house and vomited. It was early in the morning and she didn't eat breakfast yet. Victoria let out a small groan before standing up.

She wished that Remus was by her side right now, but he was at the headquarters along with Sirius.

Fortunately, Remus arrived...well she hoped that it was him. Victoria brushed her teeth and cleaned herself before she went and greet him. Victoria was supposed to embrace him but she saw that he has this small frown on his face.

"What happened?" Victoria questioned with one eyebrow rose. "Nothing" Remus grumbled, cracking his neck as he walked to the kitchen to grab some water with Victoria following him.

"Can you quit it?" He snapped, Victoria looked offended. "What do you mean? I haven't done anything" Victoria asked confusingly. "Just leave me alone" Remus pleaded, exhaling. Victoria was taken back by his plea but she immediately understand and figured that it was because of something going on with the Ministry.

Victoria didn't say a word and left the kitchen quietly, running up the stairs.

Remus heard their bedroom door shut, and followed by quiet sobs that echoed the empty house. "Merlin, I'm so stupid" Remus whispered to himself.

Remus rushed upstairs, too dizzy to apparate. "Darling" He called for Victoria softly, only to find her asleep. But he assumed that she was joking with him so he decided to wrap an arm around her waist, making her the small spoon. "Stop" Victoria's sleepy voice spoke, confirming that she was asleep and Remus interrupted her.

From there, Victoria separated her body from Remus, excusing that it was too hot for this.

Remus felt a wave of guilt wash his body. He stared at the woman he love and he had upsetted her again given the fact that she had to endure the paralyzation of her parents, the death of one of her childhood friends, and college.

"I'm sorry" He whispered before giving her a kiss on the cheek. Remus took another glance at Victoria before leaving to go eat breakfast in silence.

A few days have past and it was nothing but arguments. To the point Victoria was crying herself to sleep.

"What is it that you want?" Remus panted, traveling his hand through his hair. "I want you to spend time with me" Victoria cried out, even she is confused on why she was acting out like this. She's not like herself.

"—we're in the middle of a fucking war, Victoria! Have that ever occured to you?" Remus lashed out. "Oh no!" Victoria answered sarcastically. "Its just that my mother and father got tortured to paralyzation and Regulus died—"

Remus interrupted Victoria with a forced laugh. "Don't you dare pull that shit on me, you're acting like you really cared about your parents!"

And that was enough for Victoria, she looked at the man she love with eyes that was filled with tears because of his hurtful words thrown at her.

With silence, she apparated to a spare room, not bothering to walk up because if she did—her tears will fall and Victoria didn't want to seem weak.

For the first time, Remus fell on his knees, regretting the words that he had said to the woman that he loves. "You're so fucking stupid" Remus whispered to himself as he curled up his body.

A day goes by, no contact between the two of them. Remus tried apologising but Victoria didn't even bother to acknowledge his presence and only talked to Minnie and to her brother when he decided to visit later that night.

It was a silent and peaceful night, no bad news yet. So Victoria relaxed in her bed, with no worries or so. Just then, the peace was interrupted by Remus.

Victoria was hurt by his words a few days ago, but she did what she always do; silent treatment. It was her way of coping as a child but she did not expect for her to carry it up until adulthood.

Victoria heard the door close. Turning around, she face Remus—his eyes bloodshot red. "I think... we should end this" Remus spoke, hesitating at first.

Victoria knew that she was expecting something bad because of his state; ruffled hair and blood shot eyes. But she did not expect it to be this.

Victoria was shocked, contempting herself from bursting out in tears. "What do you mean?" Victoria asked in denial. "Us, we should end this... It's not a perfect time for us to have a relationship" Remus explained. "That's it? This better not be one of your stupid pranks" Victoria shook her head repeatedly, hoping that Remus was joking. "Remus" Victoria's voice sounded frantic.

Remus gave Victoria a stern look and that's where Victoria's doubts were confirmed. It was true, their relationship is at a dead end. "So you're just gonna give up?" Victoria bit her lip.

"I'm the one who's giving up? You're the one who's been shutting me down since Marlene left" Remus retorted. "And I don't know why! Something changed me and I don't have a clue" Victoria said defensively. "I'm leaving" Remus stated blankly while Victoria was left there dumbfounded as she watched the love of her life apparated out of her house without her by his side.

How is it possible that so many things escalated in such a short period of time.

She was in denial, her head was spinning and she felt the need to vomit again.

And Victoria didn't even remember the last time she and Remus shared I love you's with each other.