Notes

Map of Sakkara

(A work in progress)

Sakkara is an empire made up of seven realms, or sovereign territories

⨳ Sakkara is the heart of the empire, and home of the great capital city, Tal P'Nir. North of Tal P'Nir, the mysterious 'Order' is headquartered in the monastic city of Jana Val, high in the northern mountains. 

Thryn is a land of open plains, bordered by the sea to the east on and the Wild Green and Sakkara to the west. To the north lie the badlands of Edraxis, and to the south the deserts of Abarra. Thrynian people are tall, fair and warlike, valuing honor and skill in combat. The Thrynian army is known as the Shield of Sakkara. 

Edraxis is a rough land, unsuited for agriculture and poor in minerals, but rich in timber from its forests of tall pines. Edraxi trade ships dominate the seas and carry goods across the empire. 

Abarra is a desert region, but the gems and precious metal mined from its deep quarries fill the empires coffers. Abarrans are an albino people and often lose their vision at a young age. To protect themselves from the harsh desert condition, Abarran attire typically shows no skin.

Naqqir is a lowland country of marsh and bog, with vast coastal wetlands and villages built on stilts. Naqqiri people are fishers, harvesting great bounty from their long stretch of fertile coasts. They are also renowned for their medicines, which are highly valued and respected in the capital at Tal P'Nir. Like the Abarrans' opposite, Naqqiri people have very dark skin and coal black eyes.

Yuthraka is a land of culinary culture, known for its wealth in spices. Yuthraki salts, bearing unique properties well beyond the seasoning of food, are also highly prized. The Yuthraki people typically have bronze or brown skin, green eyes, and red curls.

Pyrr is among the more remote and mysterious provinces. Except for its silks, Pyrran exports are primarily intangible: music, poetry, art, and knowledge. Once ruled by a class of 'mage royalty,' a coup led to a purge of those born with magic, resulting in many deaths. Pyrran people are known for their beauty, and tend to be lithe and graceful, with olive or bronze skin, dark hair, and dark eyes.