Chapter 10: Thanks-giving

Alex

Today is the day where we give thanks to people we love and to the farmers who harvest our vegetables and fruits for the winter. Also thanks to our parents for raising us in a loving way.

What I'm not thankful for is.... I think you guys should know by now.

"Alexandra!! I need you to check on the turkey for me please," Mom yelled from upstairs. I put down the last fork on the table and headed over to the kitchen. Today was thanks-giving, Yipee!! Mom's favourite holiday of the year-- with Christmas coming in second of course. She goes all out for these holidays, even St.Patrick's day.

I putted on some oven mitts and opened up the oven to see how the turkey is doing. I don't know why people serve turkey for thanks-giving. Some people say it symbolize the holiday or they just love turkey, like mom does.

Putting the turkey back into the oven, I go back into the dining room and continued setting up the table. Mom came downstairs wearing a black dress with a pearl necklace on. "Thanks for checking the turkey, our guest should be arriving just about now,"

Meaning, dad's clients, the Carter's and mom's old friends are coming over. The only person I'm going to be talking to is Andrew all night; that's going to be interesting.

The house was packed of old boring people talking about; Law. Can I say it again, Boring!!

I was standing near the kitchen when I felt a hand go around my waist. I turned around and see Andrew smirking down at me. "What," I pointed at his arm, "Is this?"

He leaned in closer to my ear, "Mom and Dad said to act like a couple; they want to show their "Clients" how we bond just nicely," He said with a hint of sarcasm.

My parents had the nerve to do that!! I can't even act like friends with him more less a couple, dear goodness I'm doom.

I face palm myself, "Why do our parents do these things without us knowing anything?"

Andrew scratched his head, "Y-Yeah I really wonder. But at least we get to go back to our normal selves after."

I scoffed, "Please, they're making us get married, how is that normal?"

"Oh my goodness, Anthony. Your son and his beautiful girlfriend look so adorable together," An old lady said to Anthony

"What I told him too--- Yes they certainly do Mrs.Pearson, come on and lets go see if they're serving dinner yet," He said while showing Mrs.Pearson to the dinning room. Right before he left he gave us a look. What did we do?? Didn't they agree to make us do this??

I mentally shook my head. Of course they're making us do this; they want more clients for their Law enforcement. I totally forgot that Andrew's arm was around me when I felt his arm tighten.

I looked up and see him staring down at me. "Can I help you?"

He shook his head, "Nope you just kept staring into space,"

Moving out of his arm, I rolled my eyes, "Okay, will go with that one."

He threw his hand up in surrender, "I'm serious,"

We started walking to the dinning room where everyone started serving. "Okay... To save us from talking to our parents "friends", Theirs a small amount of each dish in the kitchen."

He gave me a confused face, "Why is there more food in the kitchen?" He asked while walking into the kitchen.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know; mom likes to have left overs."