Fight or Flight.

TRIGGER WARNING AHEAD
[Y/N] -> Your Name.
Word count : 5067.
————————————————————————————————————————————

That beat of silence lasted longer than a second. The silence that almost swallowed you up whole and made you feel as if you were going crazy and now you stood there, frozen in time, considering your options. Could this all be linked? A dream maybe, a never ending nightmare that felt as if it had just begun?

Silence. Silence. Silence.
Knock, knock. Silence.

You were trembling, your knees shook and as you found yourself approaching the door and extending a hand out toward the handle, your hands were trembling too. How you ended back up at your apartment was unexplainable, a mystery, however something in the back of your mind was telling you that whatever and whoever was knocking at your door had an answer to all of these questions and now, you were opening the door.

Opening it a crack so only you could peek out, you blinked in the features of the person at your door.

"[Y/N]?" It was Bella. Cautiously, you glanced over her shoulder and then poked your head out a fraction to peer down the corridor before settling your gaze back onto Bella. She had a brow raised, curious as to why you were so cautious of your surroundings. How did Bella know where you lived? Had you told her? Come up in the interview? Maybe it was Anne's murder? Were you on TV? Questions flooded your mind, so much that your bottom lip began to tremble at the overwhelming feeling. Without even thinking, you went to shut the door in a flurry of emotions but it faltered, with Bella's hand pressed firmly against it. "Are you okay? Where have you been?" You blinked once and then again.

"I'm sorry-" you mumbled, unable to even process a good enough excuse to hand her with. It was embarrassing, shocking, confusing and you were unsure on where to even start? Was there a start? Now you were second guessing yourself.
"I've been really worried about you," Bella urged, her face laced with her concern as her lips pursed. You felt a little guilty admittedly, but there was something telling you that Bella was in on all of this shit and your trust toward her was little to naught right now.
"I'm having some issues, gonna get back to therapy and stuff. You're not gonna fire me, right? I can come back and finish my shift-" you blurted, flustered and ashamed. Acting like this wasn't you at all, you felt like a puppet. Bella's face scrunched up a little in confusion.
"Finish your shift? Have you hit your head?" Bella glanced to her left and right before looking back at you. You narrowed your eyes, confused, waiting for an answer to help ease your mind. "I haven't seen you in two weeks. Where have you been? Did you quit? Your mom came in, she was looking for you too."

Weeks? Two weeks? No, you had just walked out the coffee shop, you just woke up. It was the afternoon, it was a Monday. More so, it was Monday the 14th.
"What..?" you whispered, feeling the colour drain from your face. "No, no, I just woke up, I.. My shift was a couple hours ago..?" Bella didn't seem convinced, she looked as if she was gonna call you an ambulance any second now. You were pale, your eyes were a little bloodshot and despite the fact that she couldn't see your body from you peeking around the door, had you lost weight? Your cheeks had become more sunken and without thinking, you closed the door on Bella now her hand had removed. Her distant knocking could be heard, too frantic for your liking but now you were strolling over to your room.

It was Monday. You felt sick, dizzy, you woke up here. Reaching for your phone, you tapped the screen.

Thirteen missed messages from MOM.
Thirty-six missed calls from MOM.
Twelve missed calls from DAD.
Five missed messages from DAD.
Ten missed messages from LISA.
Two missed calls from LISA.