Winter's Family (1)

Leo

Harmony and Leo were having an amazing conversation about soulmates and how they might've been able to figure it out who is good for each other, when Scarr walked in.

Leo didn't notice him at first, because he had his back to the entrance, but as soon as Unicorn opened her mouth, he realized something was wrong, and a split second later, he realized what that something was.

"It's Bayou! Harmony it's Bayou!" 

Leo wondered if Unicorn was there when Scarr lashed out on the authority for getting his name wrong, and he came to the conclusion that Unicorn just didn't care.

But even though he and Scarr were friends, Leo liked Harmony, and Harmony was Scarr's soulmate, which was a major problem. Plus, what reason would Scarr be here if it wasn't for Harmony?

Maybe he was there for Unicorn.

Leo didn't hold his breath for that one.

"Harmony. Can we talk?" Scarr asked, looking way more uncomfortable than he probably wanted to.

Leo hoped Harmony would decline and continue their conversation, but instead she didn't even take a few seconds to think about it before getting up from the Hammock.

"I'll be right back." Harmony whispered.

He couldn't help but stare like a lost puppy as they exited the door. Scarr should've known better than to provoke him in front of everybody. Even a peasant would know who Leo's Dad was, but Leo wasn't surprised, because at this moment, Scarr was worse than a peasant.

Sure, Scarr may have an advantage, since he is Harmony's soulmate, but Leo had the upper hand when it comes to how to treat a woman right, and considering the fact that Scarr can barely hold a conversation with her without wanting to burn something, he could see no reason why Harmony would choose Scarr over him. 

He rolled his eyes and decided to talk to Unicorn, who after alerting the whole cabin about Scarr's arrival, went back to playing games on her phone. Or maybe posting something on social media. You never know with her.

"Hey." He said, sliding into the spot next to her.

She smiled at him, and proceeded to not say a word.

But Leo was ok with that, because he learned that the best way to get a girls attention, is to make her jealous, and why not do that with Unicorn since she's already his soulmate. 

He looked over at his sister, who was talking and playing with that SeaWing he still couldn't remember the name of.

Winter may have not won over Qibli, but this time it'll be different. This time, his family is going to win.

One step at a time.

Amethyst

SeaWeed is an angel sent from heaven.

That's probably the 15th time today that she had said that, but she couldn't help it. Living in a home with two arrogant IceWings (Dad and Leo) she was used to people being haughty, self - absorbed, and annoying, but with SeaWeed it was different. 

He made her feel comfortable and perfect. He was perfect.

Growing up, their family motto was: If he's not an IceWing, swing.

But SeaWeed isn't an IceWing, but that didn't matter to her. It may matter to Winter, and Amethyst knew Leo was bothered by it, considering the glares he kept shooting SeaWeed's way, which was ironic, considering the girl he likes is a NightWing/RainWing hybrid.